Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

How many other lies?

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
So I saw this and for some reason reminded me of something. ;) (worth the watch and relevant)

My take.
1. The tiger should have just killed and eaten the donkey.
2. It was stupid to take the issue to the king.
3. And the king is a Democrat because he talks too much and then turns around and says he’s pushing silence, lol

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
@genetic freak some interesting info here. (and also others who adapt full keto/carnivore and might wonder why going back to carbs results in increased body fat).

This guy presents some interesting information about fasting and relating to gene expression. Also what he has posted explains perhaps just how my lifestyle/intake with LOTS of dirty carbs is of no detriment from a fat storage aspect. I was aware of some of these things but I might actually try some 24 hour ones as well. For a while, I was doing 3/day per week, 20+ hour fasts.

So as I stated, I am not and never was a 'lean' individual. But I have been practicing different fasting protocols for the past 5+ years. It could indeed be likely that I have up regulated my bodies ability to process carbs effectively. No magic, no genetics, just a lifestyle change.

I have always believed this to be the case as I could 'feel' different changes over time. I have also seen changes in things like fasted blood sugar, and lipid ratios.

Some cool info. For me, this lifestyle has become one where I can 'have my cake and eat it too'. I know 100% the power of keto as I have done it before, but other aspects of enjoyment of lifestyle/foods, prevent me from considering it again. If it works for others, great. I just like my carbs too much. This research shows you can indeed make your body better at using them. There was quite a bit of work to get lean at first. I believe that has a lot to do with starting this process off.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
@genetic freak some interesting info here. (and also others who adapt full keto/carnivore and might wonder why going back to carbs results in increased body fat).

This guy presents some interesting information about fasting and relating to gene expression. Also what he has posted explains perhaps just how my lifestyle/intake with LOTS of dirty carbs is of no detriment from a fat storage aspect. I was aware of some of these things but I might actually try some 24 hour ones as well. For a while, I was doing 3/day per week, 20+ hour fasts.

So as I stated, I am not and never was a 'lean' individual. But I have been practicing different fasting protocols for the past 5+ years. It could indeed be likely that I have up regulated my bodies ability to process carbs effectively. No magic, no genetics, just a lifestyle change.

I have always believed this to be the case as I could 'feel' different changes over time. I have also seen changes in things like fasted blood sugar, and lipid ratios.

Some cool info. For me, this lifestyle has become one where I can 'have my cake and eat it too'. I know 100% the power of keto as I have done it before, but other aspects of enjoyment of lifestyle/foods, prevent me from considering it again. If it works for others, great. I just like my carbs too much. This research shows you can indeed make your body better at using them. There was quite a bit of work to get lean at first. I believe that has a lot to do with starting this process off.
What guy, brother? You didn't post a link or reference for me to check out.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
That vid had some cool info I am going to try to integrate. I think I will randomly do a few 24 hour fasts. I have never fasted a full 24 hours. Used to do 20+ hour ones 3x per week for a while. I think I will do a few. My dr was telling me to research 'dry' fasting also. I asked him if he thought it would be dangerous for me as my kidney levels are always high. (high protein intake for decade plus and the increased breakdown with working out. (even though I dont train as heavy these days). He felt it would be fine.

Just pulling back to single meal 3x week on non-workout days I already see a difference. But I know I am going to have to put some actual effort in if I want to get back down to where I was.

Workout night tonight, so post workout my shake which has 60g simple sugars + 50g whey. I let that sit for 1/2 hour then my wife had cooked some chicken breast chunks with chili paste and soy sauce and my son loves rice-a-roni and broccoli. That is yummy. After that, I ate some mixed berry sorbet that I make with my Ninja Iceceram maker. Just pure full mixed berries, 1/3 cup of sugar and freeze and add a few oz of water. After frozen, put in machine and spin it.

If you have not seen the Ninja Ice cream machine, check it out! I have not done it yet, but lots of protein icecream recopies. I just make no additive icecream all the time. Whole milk, cream, sugar and vanilla. I mix it up then add in things like butter finger or crushed up cookies. I skipped the icecream tonight as I used our extra pint cups to make sorbet for my daughter who loves it. After that, a few brownie brittle cookies and two frozen snicker candy bars. (yes....that is cutting)

This pic was tonight in the gym.
2uMwgFs.jpg

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Doesn’t @Swiper eat a shit ton of Cap’n Crunch and sugar oatmeal and pop tarts all the time too? I don’t remember if he does fasting along with it though….

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Doesn’t @Swiper eat a shit ton of Cap’n Crunch and sugar oatmeal and pop tarts all the time too? I don’t remember if he does fasting along with it though….
Oh SH!T, dont compare me to @Swiper! That dude is NEXT LEVEL legit. I am just an older dude who for many years trained mostly for strength is trying to stay in shape these days. MUCH respect to a physique on another planet from me that SWIPER has!

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
That vid had some cool info I am going to try to integrate. I think I will randomly do a few 24 hour fasts. I have never fasted a full 24 hours. Used to do 20+ hour ones 3x per week for a while. I think I will do a few. My dr was telling me to research 'dry' fasting also. I asked him if he thought it would be dangerous for me as my kidney levels are always high. (high protein intake for decade plus and the increased breakdown with working out. (even though I dont train as heavy these days). He felt it would be fine.

Just pulling back to single meal 3x week on non-workout days I already see a difference. But I know I am going to have to put some actual effort in if I want to get back down to where I was.

Workout night tonight, so post workout my shake which has 60g simple sugars + 50g whey. I let that sit for 1/2 hour then my wife had cooked some chicken breast chunks with chili paste and soy sauce and my son loves rice-a-roni and broccoli. That is yummy. After that, I ate some mixed berry sorbet that I make with my Ninja Iceceram maker. Just pure full mixed berries, 1/3 cup of sugar and freeze and add a few oz of water. After frozen, put in machine and spin it.

If you have not seen the Ninja Ice cream machine, check it out! I have not done it yet, but lots of protein icecream recopies. I just make no additive icecream all the time. Whole milk, cream, sugar and vanilla. I mix it up then add in things like butter finger or crushed up cookies. I skipped the icecream tonight as I used our extra pint cups to make sorbet for my daughter who loves it. After that, a few brownie brittle cookies and two frozen snicker candy bars. (yes....that is cutting)

This pic was tonight in the gym.
2uMwgFs.jpg
Not the same as fasting, but relates to what we are talking about. I was watching Anabolic Bodybuilding this morning and they were talking about how carb loading every 4 days during a deficit is ideal for fat loss and performance. Right around the 4th day is when your thyroid starts to down regulate when eating in a deficit. By loading on the 4th day, you reverse this process, keep the metabolism functioning and restore glycogen. Win, win.

Yeah, I do not know if I would play around with the dry fast. I can see it for a normal person, but if you train hard, I could see some problems. I was just recently hospitalized for rhabdomyolysis, because I was drinking too much water, causing diuresis, pushing too hard in the gym and not eating enough. To make matters worse, it caused heart damage. I would not play around with anything that places additional stress on the kidneys.

Type-IIx

Type-IIx

Mar 24, 2022
Everyone really is a unique snowflake here, totally and completely different, important and SPECIAL! I've never seen a forum that has so many unique cases, from super, super interesting and knowledgeable people that tell us not to eat plants or carbohydrates.

Cutting out "seed oils" (O NOEZ) and eliminating carbohydrate from our diets, now devoid of many essential nutrients including fibre, makes us not only healthier (despite any legitimate nutrient panel surely showing deficiencies in multiplicity), but makes us superior people because we know better than any foolish academic adherents (sic) to the contrary.

If there is one thing that I have learned here, it's that we all need to experiment with at least 50 different fad diets before we find what works FOR US, and eventually settle on the one that, by the power of persuasion, totally does not trick us into:

Eating an energy surplus with sufficient protein to build muscle

Eating in an energy deficit to lose fat.

That's just a scam for old people.

I've learned a ton here, thanks. I'm off to do the 48-hr detoxifying cleanse before undulating in a phase of no seed oils and by a contrast potentiating effect, dropping all carbs at day 5. In theory (according to my own knowledge of myself and not some BS nutrition course), the cleanse of liver toxins will saturate at the same point as my carb drop to cause a preactivation in fat loss. I think this will work really well for me because we're all so unique.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Everyone really is a unique snowflake here, totally and completely different, important and SPECIAL! I've never seen a forum that has so many unique cases, from super, super interesting and knowledgeable people that tell us not to eat plants or carbohydrates.

Cutting out "seed oils" (O NOEZ) and eliminating carbohydrate from our diets, now devoid of many essential nutrients including fibre, makes us not only healthier (despite any legitimate nutrient panel surely showing deficiencies in multiplicity), but makes us superior people because we know better than any foolish academic adherents (sic) to the contrary.

If there is one thing that I have learned here, it's that we all need to experiment with at least 50 different fad diets before we find what works FOR US, and eventually settle on the one that, by the power of persuasion, totally does not trick us into:

Eating an energy surplus with sufficient protein to build muscle

Eating in an energy deficit to lose fat.

That's just a scam for old people.

I've learned a ton here, thanks. I'm off to do the 48-hr detoxifying cleanse before undulating in a phase of no seed oils and by a contrast potentiating effect, dropping all carbs at day 5. In theory (according to my own knowledge of myself and not some BS nutrition course), the cleanse of liver toxins will saturate at the same point as my carb drop to cause a preactivation in fat loss. I think this will work really well for me because we're all so unique.
Or you could post up some progress pics of yourself, like some of the members here did in this thread, to show us how much you know. But wait...that wouldn't be fair to judge you based on your progress pictures would it?...Let me guess.....because we are all so unique? LMAO!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic