Latest Member
angelarbatt
What's New?

How many other lies?

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
@testboner Thanks so much for thoughtful replies. I do have experience with KETO. 2+ years of TKD in my 20's. I know it to be the 'easiest' method of fat loss for me. (takes the least amount of planning is what I really mean). But the other mental aspects made it the hardest regimen I have ever followed.

I think TKD is super effective in the fact that the carbs are almost eutrophic and the very large bolus means that fat spill over does not really happen. But the flip side is I found my life became a mental game of always yearning for my carb days to come back. I have never done keto to where I actually extended out beyond 2 weeks with no carbs. I am guessing cutting them off might have made it easier mentally. But the switch to TKD allowed me to break a 2+ year plateau of no mass or strength gains. (I was still natural at the time). DEFINETLY made some hormonal changes in my body. Also I believe that it re-writes the bodies nutrient partitioning.

Coming back to the gym in my 30's (now past 50) I wanted to learn how the be more well rounded lifestyle wise. My kids were young then, and the most important thing for me was to sit down with my family and eat what they did for dinner. (we always ate as a family). Sure, at times my portions looked odd, larger servings of protein..etc, but I did not want my kids to see obsessive behavior of eating. ESPECIALLY my daughter who was very young when I started back in the gym. She it 19 now and I like to think I have set an example of how one can be well rounded, still enjoy life, but also have a long term outlook on nutrition and diet.

On the GH thing, that may be something I visit. Passing 50, I know I am not competing for PR's any longer. Love your feedback there for sure.

Dont miss the info I posted on C8 for your wife.
Here is one study link, but the protective benefit she sees is the ketone levels. C8 has show increases in these levels WITH and WITHOUT sugar in the body.

Best to you and thank you so much for sharing info! On can see you did not end up where you were by accident. Regardless of diet, there is evident discipline (that possibly when applied to any regimen) would have positive effects. GREAT work!

beefnewton

beefnewton

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2022
I have combined everything I have learned in this thread and am eating a New York Strip with Fingerling Potatoes.. and some afterthought heirloom tomatoes and spinach.

IMG_0860.jpeg

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Here’s an observation based on my experience and a question based on things I’ve read.

My body seems to have a very easy time storing excess simple sugars as fat, and a slightly more difficult time converting and storing excess starches. For some reason it seems to have a more difficult time storing excess fat calories as fat, and I have read that excess protein is rarely stored as fat at all, but is primarily converted to urea and pissed out.

In other words, a calorie may be a calorie, but my body appears to process calories much differently depending on their source.

What am I missing?

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Here’s an observation based on my experience and a question based on things I’ve read.

My body seems to have a very easy time storing excess simple sugars as fat, and a slightly more difficult time converting and storing excess starches. For some reason it seems to have a more difficult time storing excess fat calories as fat, and I have read that excess protein is rarely stored as fat at all, but is primarily converted to urea and pissed out.

In other words, a calorie may be a calorie, but my body appears to process calories much differently depending on their source.

What am I missing?
The take home lesson in this thread is that each and everyone of us is our own science experiment adn none of us are exactly the same. Two guys posted up their results from their successful identification of their own personal metabolic strength and weaknesses and kicked ass.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010

What am I missing?
You’re clearly not missing anything (except the influence of either 1) ignorance, or 2) stubborn adherence to institutional “info” / indoctrination. Your body is correct in what it’s evidenced to you…. despite any academic adherents to the contrary.

testboner

testboner

VIP Member
Oct 10, 2010
@testboner Thanks so much for thoughtful replies. I do have experience with KETO. 2+ years of TKD in my 20's. I know it to be the 'easiest' method of fat loss for me. (takes the least amount of planning is what I really mean). But the other mental aspects made it the hardest regimen I have ever followed.

I think TKD is super effective in the fact that the carbs are almost eutrophic and the very large bolus means that fat spill over does not really happen. But the flip side is I found my life became a mental game of always yearning for my carb days to come back. I have never done keto to where I actually extended out beyond 2 weeks with no carbs. I am guessing cutting them off might have made it easier mentally. But the switch to TKD allowed me to break a 2+ year plateau of no mass or strength gains. (I was still natural at the time). DEFINETLY made some hormonal changes in my body. Also I believe that it re-writes the bodies nutrient partitioning.

Coming back to the gym in my 30's (now past 50) I wanted to learn how the be more well rounded lifestyle wise. My kids were young then, and the most important thing for me was to sit down with my family and eat what they did for dinner. (we always ate as a family). Sure, at times my portions looked odd, larger servings of protein..etc, but I did not want my kids to see obsessive behavior of eating. ESPECIALLY my daughter who was very young when I started back in the gym. She it 19 now and I like to think I have set an example of how one can be well rounded, still enjoy life, but also have a long term outlook on nutrition and diet.

On the GH thing, that may be something I visit. Passing 50, I know I am not competing for PR's any longer. Love your feedback there for sure.

Dont miss the info I posted on C8 for your wife.
Here is one study link, but the protective benefit she sees is the ketone levels. C8 has show increases in these levels WITH and WITHOUT sugar in the body.

Best to you and thank you so much for sharing info! On can see you did not end up where you were by accident. Regardless of diet, there is evident discipline (that possibly when applied to any regimen) would have positive effects. GREAT work!
Thank you M,
I’ve not gotten to review of the video yet — I want to, and will. I appreciate the tip about MCT. It’s something she (We) have been incorporating daily for several years time, for both the same, and individual reasons alike.
I’m pleased that it’s something you’ve learned about and apply as a result. You’re clearly one of the sort of exception-to-the-norm individuals that seeks outside simply mainstream dogma to discover the gold.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010

What am I missing?
You aren't missing anything. You and testboner actually get it.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
So I saw this and for some reason reminded me of something. ;) (worth the watch and relevant)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic