Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

How many of you train with your spouse?

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
My girl just complains when I try to push her in the gym. "I can't do that.."..."That's too much"....it's annoying. I let her do her own thing. She's smoking hot so I don't really care what she does and she pushes herself hard in her own ways. Like someone said above (maybe GS), we train in two distinctly different ways.

LITTLEMAGS

LITTLEMAGS

VIP Member
Nov 1, 2010
Why not legs and arms?

I've trained with my wife before, and it was just fine. I let her do her thing, and she let me do mine. I don't think critiquing each other's form would go over very well with either of us, LOL.
well...my wife competes in figure/bodybuilding and will be doing womens physique at the North Americans this fall. I train VERY heavy with legs and my goals are much different than hers when it comes to legs.
Arms...she is gentically gifted and very rarely even trains them other than a few shaping movements. I, on the other hand, want the biggest arm I can get...
Other than that we train everything together and have fantastic workouts.

back workout looks like this for us typical:

chins-weighted for me
bent over rows- wife loads a seperate bar for her.
seated rows
1 arm dumbell rows.
pull downs and finish off with hypers.

she pushes me harder and doesnt BS. We both wear our Ipods during training and mostly use hand gestures to know what we are doing next....

We finish up with cardio and then off to eat...perfect system for us.

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
I go too a gym where women wont come Its hard core lifting and if a woman does come in she's hard core ,So no I dont train with a spouse .

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
For anyone interested, yesterday was our first day training side by side. went very well. she had no complaints and actually enjoyed it. my work out suffered a bit as i wanted to check on her between every set i did, but that is fine with me. If anything she wished we could actually work out together so she has someone to talk to, but our training is way too different and we dont have the time for me to train her and then train myself. i am sure we will find a good groove in the next few weeks.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
For anyone interested, yesterday was our first day training side by side. went very well. she had no complaints and actually enjoyed it. my work out suffered a bit as i wanted to check on her between every set i did, but that is fine with me. If anything she wished we could actually work out together so she has someone to talk to, but our training is way too different and we dont have the time for me to train her and then train myself. i am sure we will find a good groove in the next few weeks.

Nice to hear it !!!

N

NewbieGuy

May 11, 2014
I dont have GF so i train with my friend. But its kinda fun coz its making me more focus towards my training :)

dallas

dallas

May 23, 2014
Me and Janie train together in our home gym. We work very well together. Gets very interesting sometimes :p . But the funniest thing is you get to know each others POO face.

I will be in trouble for that comment :sorry:

But in the past I've always trained on my own.

Last edited:
Janie

Janie

TID Lady Member
May 8, 2014
Me and Janie train together in our home gym. We work very well together. Gets very interesting sometimes :p . But the funniest thing is you get to know each others POO face.

But in the past I've always trained on my own.

OMFG Dallas don't forget I took photos of your "bench press poo face" and I am not afraid to use them !!!!!

It's like this folks !

Last edited:
Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Raiden trains with both of his spouses, his left and right hand.....

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
I used to train with my hubby, now I am solo with a private trainer 3x a week. I actually get a much more intense workout and all my lifts are with perfect form now.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I've been my wife's trainer and gym bro since she first came to workout with me in 2001. I left my old "partners" behind and I've never had to sit and wait, been stood up at the weight pile or been able to rationalize skipping a training session either. My wife is actually more hardcore than I am and is a great motivator when I'm dragging ass...43yrs (me) & 36yrs...ahh youth!

Last year I began training her for Figure comps (she thought she needed heels to hide her big calves). She switched to Women's Physique and qualified for NPC Universe this 4th of July weekend. June 28th we're doing the South Jersey Classic together.

Prepping for shows together is not for the newly-wed or faint of heart lol!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic