Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

How Many Do You Keep?

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Lol. Standing here at the gym looking at this. How many of these rules do you keep?

96ad3611.jpg

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I swear and grunt... My gym allows you to drop your weights within reason so I'll do that when I must. Otherwise I do actually follow those rules. I don't like when others act like tools, therefore I do not act like a tool.

Getraw

Getraw

VIP Member
Feb 6, 2011
I swear and grunt... My gym allows you to drop your weights within reason so I'll do that when I must. Otherwise I do actually follow those rules. I don't like when others act like tools, therefore I do not act like a tool.

Im right there with you, I own a gym and open a late night hours from 9pm to 12am. This time is when the chalk is brought out and everything goes. During regular hours I dont mind a dropped weight her or there. Just not some kid doing 80lbs dumbbells on chest and then throwing and roll the weight. But just dropping heavy weight happens. The main one I push is to PLEASE reRACK the weights. Also to wipe down the machines after use. Other than that all is good.

GR

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
i follow pretty much all of them. i am a weight dropper when it comes to deads but like PoB i keep that within reason. i wont simply drop the weight from lockout... mostly because i have hex plates and that could get dangerous when it bounced :D

i believe proper etiquette shows a good deal of experience in a lifter. some of the rules like no grunting or cussing is stupid in some cases.... like when i see someone deadlifting or squatting some heavy shit that deserves a grunt or a loud "fuuuuuuuccckkkk" :D but if you are screaming on your warmup set of leg extensions then you are definitely a tool

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
What's funny is that in my gym, where this poster hangs, nobody puts weights back, nobody wipes a bench, and everybody grunts and drops weights. And that's all fine with me. It's a keyed hole-in-the-wall gym and people come and go as they please. Somehow, it all works out.

overwatch

overwatch

MuscleHead
Jun 27, 2011
The owner of our gym is a buddy of mine so I treat the place like it's my own. I hate when people can't re-rack their weights, don't wipe their sweat up, etc. I've been known to yell at people for making a mess and being douche bags. It's a perk of being the biggest guy in the gym.

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
i try not to let anyone else bother me while i am in there getting my work done but i do tend to notice those guys around the gym that actually do the little bit of extra effort like wiping down the bench/machine they were on or rerack their weights.

of course i also notice those ass hats that do 500+ pound "shrugs" then leave the bar fully loaded as well :D

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I used to workout at a corporate gym, which was as nice as most commercial gyms, and it had to be kept immaculate. If a plate was left on the bar or a DB was left on the floor, the president of the company would come visit my office about it lol.

Bowhunter

Bowhunter

Oct 12, 2010
I abide by all the rules at my gym, no matter how silly they seem.....like no lifting heavy weights. My wife works there and I don't want to get her in trouble.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
I normally keep to myself when im lifting but when i catch some of these assholes soaking the equipment then walking off, i tend to over kill my response and have probly chewed out some much higher ranking guys. But in there I dont give a fuck, its not that hard to wipe up, there are wipe stations everywhere. Re-racking bothers me, but i can deal with it.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Grunting is a weird one.... because most people grunt because it's unavoidable with adrenaline and lifting big weights.... but it's funny when the extra loud grunts come from some 20 yr old doucher on dbol whos trying to throw a curl bar up to his shoulders, lol

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
I grunt but its a natural response to the weight i'm lifting, I try not to drop weight unless I'm on an oly platform or I have no choice. The beverage I consume is not water but it's only going in my mouth not anywhere else. I sometimes allow others to work in depending on how much weight they can lift, sometimes it is not feasible to deload like that. The rest I try to follow.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic