Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

How long have you been working out? The good old days....

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
21 yrs ago. my dad made a BB with 10lb plates attatched to metal pipe prob weighed around 25lbs total. the first exercise I did was ''bear'' where you clean the weight and do front squat/press, then bring it behind neck and do reg squat/B neck press, that's 1 rep. but instead of cleaning the weight, he'd have me bring the bar over head using front raise motion. not sure if he knew what the hell he was doing or just made it up but it gave me good results. I actually did up to 100 reps straight and that shit kiled. my trap/delt, quads, and triceps/lats grew particularly well from those.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
21 yrs ago. my dad made a BB with 10lb plates attatched to metal pipe prob weighed around 25lbs total. the first exercise I did was ''bear'' where you clean the weight and do front squat/press, then bring it behind neck and do reg squat/B neck press, that's 1 rep. but instead of cleaning the weight, he'd have me bring the bar over head using front raise motion. not sure if he knew what the hell he was doing or just made it up but it gave me good results. I actually did up to 100 reps straight and that shit kiled. my trap/delt, quads, and triceps/lats grew particularly well from those.

interesting lift..dw

apollo

apollo

MuscleHead
Jun 15, 2011
interesting lift..dw

1st off- Love that avy DW.
Shit, I guess I started training at 7 or 8 yrs old - Pee Wee football. Just the calesthenics. My dad was a weird built lil nerdy guy 5'9 135 and he designed my 1st workout program complete with stick figures and everything- lol! Gave me my 1st weight set with plastic/concrete weights for my 10th b day where I also got my 1st real tongue kiss and when I could already do 72 situps in a minute. And do more pushups and pull ups than anyone in my 90% black elementary school. I was a big kid. Looking back I dont think I realized what a bad ass lil dude I was- I just tried hard and succeeded. I just played sports but never really worked out with weights besides foolin around til 15- I shot up to 185 and 5'11-6' Then when I was in Joovy I trained in my cell every night and shot up to 200lbs at 6' 1/2" But I always partied too much back then and fought alot. I was just mean, angry but friendly... and horny- lol. Started boxing at 14 but started training kinda serious at 17 and stayed around 195 lean and in boxing shape. I decided I wanted to be a stripper at 20 and at 21 I was training pretty good- 6'1 220- lean as crap. I stayed between 220-235 in shape. I trained on and off since then til 6 yrs ago as a boxer, male dancer, pro wrestler and mostly just a pussy chaser. So I trained for 30 something yrs and now I can say close to 36 yrs bc I did 100 push ups straight and 50 situps tonight just to see how many I could do without stopping. Those damn situps bout killed me- lol my damn hip started cramping!

Last edited:
HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
^^^similar story here.
started lifting for football and boxing at around 14-15.
went to prison at 16 and had nothing better to do.
got out at 18 and went back 6 months later, satisfying my parole and stopped lifting and got into recs and stupid shit for years. no time to lift, too busy getting high and fucking strippers.
finally grew the fuck up about 9 years ago when my youngest daughter was born and decided to start living healthier.
started muay thai training with a couple buddies and got back into the gym but still didnt really know much regarding diet and such at this point until about 5 years ago when i moved back to my hometown and started hanging with some badass gym rats i grew up with. been solid ever since. went from a scrawny 175lbs at 6' to the current 215lbs over the course of the last 2-3 years and havent looked back

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
Began karate at my uncles dojo at age 5. I looked up to him so trained daily. He also was an amateur bodybuilder bought my first weight set and i began around age 13 or 14. By then i had already been through two karate schools. Did golden gloves and competed in judo and tae kwon do so weights became my next obsession as it enhanced my training. After i got my first car i joined a gym and my afternoons and evenings were spent either in a dojo or ring or gym. Later i explored koryu bujutsu silat and filipino knife also joined army. My obsession has never ended. No wife no kids . Underground dojos training and i work as a social worker and personal trainer to fund my own dojo and training. Been around these forums since around 99 , 2000. Here i am

bybon

bybon

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2011
Like admin, I had a cheap Gold's Gym bench with leg extension attachment/preacher curl pad with some plates and a few dumbbells. After a couple of years, I updated to a rack and bench with more dumbbells and plates.

This was all placed in a shed. No heat. no a/c. Let me tell you, leg days suck in the South during the summer in a shed. I made a shitload of progress there though; I remember scribbling 405x2 on the wall when I finally did that in squats.

I visited a Gold's Gym in the first time of my life in July..thought I died and went to heaven, LOL.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I started lifting when I was 15, around the end of the golden era of bodybuilding. A couple of older kids in the neighborhood started lifting and they were huge in my eyes and it inspired me. We had basement and garage gyms all over the neighborhood. I lifted with an obsession until I was 20 and got sidetracked with life. One night after work on December 28, 2008 I wondered down to the corporate gym on a whim and as soon as my hand touched the iron it was like an alcoholic taking his first drink again. I've been addicted since. Been all natty until June of this year when I felt the time was right to take the leap to the enhanced side.

Dragon70669

Dragon70669

Jun 6, 2011
I started when I was 29 1/2 and am now 59 1/2. You do the math! LOL
When I started, I was 6'0" and 146#. 14 montns later I was still 6'0" but up to 212#. This stuff kind of got into my blood and stayed there!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic