Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

How does he do it

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
You can too. At the end of the day it's all about kcals in vs.kcals out. Have you ever heard of 'If it fits your macros?' This is why we are always telling you to eat more. Pancakes can be an awesome carb to replenish glycogen stores in your muscles, especially post workout. Syrup is the tricky part. That's very high on the glycemic index and will trigger a big,fast, insulin spike. But another thing, don't forget about Jay using a lot of different compounds and manipulating almost everything in his body to meet his goals.

Bmfmichael

Bmfmichael

May 11, 2014
You can too. At the end of the day it's all about kcals in vs.kcals out. Have you ever heard of 'If it fits your macros?' This is why we are always telling you to eat more. Pancakes can be an awesome carb to replenish glycogen stores in your muscles, especially post workout. Syrup is the tricky part. That's very high on the glycemic index and will trigger a big,fast, insulin spike. But another thing, don't forget about Jay using a lot of different compounds and manipulating almost everything in his body to meet his goals.

Im really trying to figure it all out lmao. I couldnt train this weekend because i went away with my freinds and i still ate clean and everything, i ate out and had a steak with rice, never had ice cream or anything. Now im going to get a bowl at chipotle . Whatd you think..

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Bowl of what? Ice cream? Man allowing yourself to cheat here an there actually helps with your gains and can even make you look fuller while looking leaner. Carbs often get a bad rep, but are very useful. You could eat a little ice cream after workouts, or some pancakes and it would be awesome for you. I know it sounds ass backwards but sugar is actually great for your muscles after a hard workout. But I'm not saying eat 10 little Debbie cakes. I'll often eat breakfast cereal post workout with 2% milk and it has a lot of sugar. Post workout carbs are important for bulking and cutting. You can do a lot more with nutrition than you think bro. Especially at your age and with how much you train.

Bmfmichael

Bmfmichael

May 11, 2014
Bowl of what? Ice cream? Man allowing yourself to cheat here an there actually helps with your gains and can even make you look fuller while looking leaner. Carbs often get a bad rep, but are very useful. You could eat a little ice cream after workouts, or some pancakes and it would be awesome for you. I know it sounds ass backwards but sugar is actually great for your muscles after a hard workout. But I'm not saying eat 10 little Debbie cakes. I'll often eat breakfast cereal post workout with 2% milk and it has a lot of sugar. Post workout carbs are important for bulking and cutting. You can do a lot more with nutrition than you think bro. Especially at your age and with how much you train.

That sounds good, as you know im trying to lean and i dont have that much knowledge on it.. I think i need some help

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014

Great post. Ive gotten great gains with throwing in pancakes a few times a week! And other stuff too. This post is exactly right!

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
I would love some Lucky Charms right now

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
I made some paleo pancakes the other day.
Made with plantains and no flour.
Pretty damn good actually.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
1 cup egg whites
1 cup oatmeal
1 cup cottage cheese

Makes some good pancakes^

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
That sounds good, as you know im trying to lean and i dont have that much knowledge on it.. I think i need some help

If you're trying to lean out, have you figured out your maintenance Kcalories? Have you decided whether you will cut while on carbs or off of them? Do you have a food log? All of these things are critical to getting your cut right and staying on track.

Here is a thread I started on how to eat like a bodybuilder and has some good info on cutting.

http://www.theironden.com/forum/threads/16680-To-Be-A-Bodybuilder-Eat-Like-A-Bodybuilder

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic