Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

how do u eat your Quest Bar?

Sedoj

Sedoj

TID Lady Member
Aug 27, 2013
Post competition I've been primarily focusing on eating 'real foods' in place of bars and shakes but I've recently developed a bit of an addiction to Quest Bars! They're seriously so damn delicious that I just can't seem to stop at 1 bar and end up eating 2 to 3 every day! I've tried almost every flavor and my top 3 are: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, White Chocolate Raspberry, and Double Chocolate Chunk!

The bars are gluten free and are around 200 calories each so this is THE perfect snack for me. I always have an assortment of bars in my gym bag, drawer at work, and in the car for when I'm on the go.

At home I've tried:

* nuke unwrapped bar of choice for 10 sec, cut into bite size bits & stir in with plain greek yogurt & macha tea powder
* nuke unwrapped bar of choice for 10 sec, roll or flatten out & spread with peanut butter and cut up banana
* nuke unwarpped bar of choice for 10 sec, roll or flatten out, spread w/cream cheese, top w/fresh strawberries
* quest bars also make a pretty great scoop for eating peanut butter straight out of the jar...

How do you eat your Quest Bars?

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
lol, I don't eat bars or do shakes :) You are a trip lady...in a good way ;)

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
Funny you mention Quest bars.. I eat them and actually love them also.. Apparently im not as creative as you in eating them though.. I just unwrap them and eat them..
My 70 yr old mother in law introduced me to them.. She gets them at her gym and brought me home a few to try.. I didn't think id like them at first cause they reminded me and looked like the original taffy like Power Bars that could pull friggin fillings outta your teeth...lol But they are good.. Scooping them in the PB jar sounds like a winner though..ill have to try it.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I carry them at work (nurse) because I can't always predict when I'm gonna be able to eat. We have these little cups of peanut butter for patients and I always dip mine in them. Love the Coconut Cashew, Lemon Crème and PB&J flavors.

During show season I miss them a lot :)

Sedoj

Sedoj

TID Lady Member
Aug 27, 2013
Funny you mention Quest bars.. I eat them and actually love them also.. Apparently im not as creative as you in eating them though.. I just unwrap them and eat them..
My 70 yr old mother in law introduced me to them.. She gets them at her gym and brought me home a few to try.. I didn't think id like them at first cause they reminded me and looked like the original taffy like Power Bars that could pull friggin fillings outta your teeth...lol But they are good.. Scooping them in the PB jar sounds like a winner though..ill have to try it.

That's so awesome (and very inspiring) that your 70 yr old mother in law goes to the gym! And the gym that she goes to sells Quest Bars... that's impressive, I wish mine did the same!

I remember those Power Bars from back in the day, hahaha!!! Finally a company has created a protein bar with mass-market appeal - gluten free, multiple flavours (all are freaking amazing), reasonably priced, awesome macro balance, high fiber content to keep hunger & insulin in check, soft & chewy consistency that won't pull your fillings (or dentures) out.

btw... these all just my opinions...i tend to be quite opinionated about things I REALLY enjoy~

Sedoj

Sedoj

TID Lady Member
Aug 27, 2013
lol, I don't eat bars or do shakes :) You are a trip lady...in a good way ;)

yeahhhhh! ... i get that alot :) i'm overly passionate about peanut butter. and Quest bars :food-snacking:

Sedoj

Sedoj

TID Lady Member
Aug 27, 2013
I carry them at work (nurse) because I can't always predict when I'm gonna be able to eat. We have these little cups of peanut butter for patients and I always dip mine in them. Love the Coconut Cashew, Lemon Crème and PB&J flavors.

Even with the great macro balance... still no bars during show season?! I guess it's a good thing I discovered these AFTER my first show. Except the next show may be a bit of a problem now that I have love for the Quest Bars... grrr

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012

I know them cups lol and true that on never knowing when you going to eat. Worked 7-3 today had my 10 min lunch at 230pm LOL

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
They honestly taste like and have the same consistency as silly putty. At least to this guy. I know many rave about them.

But......No thanks.

SakuraIron

SakuraIron

TID Lady Member
Dec 6, 2013
There's a whole lawsuit out against Quest now for falsifying info, which is completely believable. The dietary fiber content is overstated, and the amount of active carbs is wrong but honestly.....

who cares? It's still better than almost every bar out there and tastes amazing. People are like "OMG THEY LIED TO US! THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!"...if you survived eating them before and even counted the macros the way they were labeled, you can still survive now while eating the same exact thing.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
There's a whole lawsuit out against Quest now for falsifying info, which is completely believable. The dietary fiber content is overstated, and the amount of active carbs is wrong but honestly.....

who cares? It's still better than almost every bar out there and tastes amazing. People are like "OMG THEY LIED TO US! THIS IS OUTRAGEOUS!"...if you survived eating them before and even counted the macros the way they were labeled, you can still survive now while eating the same exact thing.

This is why, at any given time, I don't like more than 20% of my total to come from supps. We all know the supp industry isn't heavily regulated, so it's always at the buyer's risk.

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
This is why, at any given time, I don't like more than 20% of my total to come from supps. We all know the supp industry isn't heavily regulated, so it's always at the buyer's risk.

and this why I just don't touch any of that stuff....all crap :)

if you're going to get that excited about a supp bar, just eat a damn candy bar and be done with it ;)

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic