Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

How do I go about getting my girlfriend to move out of my house?

rumbletumble

rumbletumble

Feb 25, 2012
Gentlemen, I'm 41 & my girlfriend is 21 with a 2 year old son & I want her gone ASAP! I've asked/told her nicely & now firmly to leave & she won't leave, I've even told her I'd help her move and I don't know how to make her leave? The relationship is dead & I'm kicking myself in the butt for getting involved with her, her immaturity & mind games is taxing me beyond belief! Let me know what you would do if you were in my shoes, I've never wanted a woman gone more than this one? Thanks for your help! rt...

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
First thing is avoid any conflict with her whatsoever.

You may have to take her to court for an eviction. You could try offering her money to help with the first, last and security on a new place and maybe avoid having to get the court to order her out.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
If ypur house and her name is not on any paperwork, change licks when she leaves. Call police and set up to have an officer show up and be present when she shows back up, to allow her to ger her belongings.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
If you do not have a rental agreement with her (i.e. she pays no rent to stay there), change the locks and arrange to give her her belongings at a time and location that is convenient to both of you. You may want to have police present when she shows up. You may need to give her a no trespass letter (a lawyer or the police can provide the form). It is very important at all times to avoid threatening behavior toward her or making verbal threats of physical violence. It is best when confronting her, to have witnesses who can back you up, that you did not engage in threatening behavior or make threats of physical violence against her.

If you have a rental agreement, you need an attorney to help you terminate it properly. In some states (especially the one where I live) if you don't follow the eviction procedures exactly, your attempt to evict will fail and will cost you a lot more money than if you hired a lawyer from the start.

woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
Also, keep in mind that if she plays mind games, she might be tempted into reporting you for domestic violence. To avoid that, it is extremely important that when you confront her, you have witnesses present who can testify you did nothing improper.

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
Sounds like a psycho. Better strike hard and strike first and file a restraining order today. Before she files one on you....

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Why won't she move ?how long has she lived with you ?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
If you do not have a rental agreement with her (i.e. she pays no rent to stay there), change the locks and arrange to give her her belongings at a time and location that is convenient to both of you. You may want to have police present when she shows up. You may need to give her a no trespass letter (a lawyer or the police can provide the form). It is very important at all times to avoid threatening behavior toward her or making verbal threats of physical violence. It is best when confronting her, to have witnesses who can back you up, that you did not engage in threatening behavior or make threats of physical violence against her.

If you have a rental agreement, you need an attorney to help you terminate it properly. In some states (especially the one where I live) if you don't follow the eviction procedures exactly, your attempt to evict will fail and will cost you a lot more money than if you hired a lawyer from the start.
A lot of this depends on state laws. In my state with or without a written letting agreement you still have to start with the notice to quit then move into eviction. It's ridiculous.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
A lot of this depends on state laws. In my state with or without a written letting agreement you still have to start with the notice to quit then move into eviction. It's ridiculous.

I blame that on the tree hugging hippies, aka RR's peeps..

E

EastCoast1

Jul 20, 2015

This. Depending on the State, If she has been there xx amount of time, she has a legal right to be there and you need a calendar month notice typically to get her ass out. My brother just went through this and it was a pain in the dick. Especially with a kid. Might be easiest to pay her off..lol Give her $500 and tell her to hit the road..

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Kinda funny how women can get away with basically squatting in a man's home, but if it were the other way around the cops would drag the dude out in a heartbeat.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic