What's New?

How Bad is splenda?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
Thanks for the extra info Ed!

I'd still like them to edit the article title to say in animals, and then include a blurb about their confidence that their test results would correlate with humans. Would also be interested in knowing what types of animals... rats, chimps, corcodiles... I mean, would it matter to the reader? Perhaps....

Last edited:
Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
As an aside...tests in animals is damn near irrelevant. When aspartame was thought to cause cancer in humans, the rats they tested it on came out to the equivalent of 15+ cans of diet soda per day.

I'd like to see data on relevant amounts of splenda used on these manimals

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
I don't want to alarm anyone but I have proof ANYONE that uses that stuff will eventually die.

nuff said.

~Old

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
The stuff is evil to me,its just sweet poison that fools your body and insulin responses. And yes NO LONG TERM STUDIES have ever been done on humans because it would fail miserably. Since i avoid it life is way better for me.The FDA will approve anything they get paid money to and lucrative state jobs or chemical company ceo,s to kill people all the time

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I use agave. I use splenda only when i go to the coffee shop which is maybe once a week.

Slic.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
FUCK SPLENDA! "Diet" anything tastes like a machine pissed it out. Gimme the real stuff, go big or go home. Just use real sugar guys, it's not that bad for you in moderation. In fact, raw, unrefined turbinado sugar can be used to sweeten a lot of things and is better for you than refined white sugar. So, ya FUCK SPLENDA, NUTRASWEET, SUCRALOSE.... all those bitches, just fuck 'em.

usa

usa

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2010
I've been personally trying to stay away from artificial sweeteners. But they are in everything. I have no issues with a good ole table spoon of sugar these days.

P

pyeyed

Jul 17, 2011
Splenda is a chlorocarbon, which has a history of producing organ impairment, genetic mutation and reproductive issues.

Splenda can do damage to the thymus gland, which plays an significant role in healthy immune system function.

Splenda can induce swelling of the liver and calcification of the kidneys.

The studies cited by the manufacturers Splenda only report selective results and do not show an accurate assessment of the actual health impact of Splenda.

Splenda Side Effects
Skin welts, blisters or other irritation
Rash
Allergic response
Itching
Swelling
Bloating
Diarrhea
Headache
Tremors
Nausea
Abdominal pain
Depression
Forgetfulness
Mood swings
Anxiety
Inability to concentrate
Lightheadedness
Feelings of paniceeling faint

The cholrine that is used in the process of producing Splenda is a carcinogen, a fact published in the OSHA Hazardous Waste Handbook.

Sucralose is not as health-threatening as Aspartame. If you had to choose between the two, choose Splenda. Saccharin is the only artificial sweetener that is in any way acceptable. But you will be better off using a natural form of sweetener.

The uncommon sweetness of sucralose (Splenda is rumored as being 600 times sweeter than sugar) only provokes greater addiction to the taste of sweetness.

Unless one's digestion is impaired, any food or substance you ingest will be assimilated. If we feed the body a wholly indigestible material (such as margarine), it will move through the body undigested, if it doesn't get bound in the gall bladder. If sucralose is really indigestible, that is a bigger problem than the problem of absorption.

The only benefit to using Splenda is the profit the manufacturer gains.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic