Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Hospira Bacteriostatic water backorder - making my own, need help with BA %

K

kloan

Oct 8, 2012
Since Hospira has fucked the dog big time with their bacteriostatic water, and their apparent monopoly with this product (seriously, NO ONE else makes this product?!?!), I've decided to make my own.

I ordered 3x bottles of sterile water and 50ml of benzyl alcohol (smallest bottle they had).

My question is, to get a solution of 0.9% like their product has, how much BA do I need to add to the 10ml bottle of sterile water? I realize this is probably very simple math, but for some reason I just can't seem to figure it out..

Rfagazzi

Rfagazzi

MuscleHead
Mar 15, 2012
Just a hair under 1/10th of a ml. A slin pin would be the most accurate, but you could eyeball with a regular pin.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
per 99ml of distilled water add 1ml of BA. 1% seems easier then 0.9%.

Going to make my own soon as well.

K

kloan

Oct 8, 2012
So if I add 10iu with a slin pin, that should be ok?

Sep 11, 2012
Since Hospira has fucked the dog big time with their bacteriostatic water, and their apparent monopoly with this product (seriously, NO ONE else makes this product?!?!), I've decided to make my own.

I ordered 3x bottles of sterile water and 50ml of benzyl alcohol (smallest bottle they had).

My question is, to get a solution of 0.9% like their product has, how much BA do I need to add to the 10ml bottle of sterile water? I realize this is probably very simple math, but for some reason I just can't seem to figure it out..

Amazon brother. Just ordered a case of it 4 days ago. It's on it's way. Try researchsupply.com or medical-and-lab-supplies.com. They may have it.

K

kloan

Oct 8, 2012
Amazon? No shit! Huh.. didn't even think to check there..
First link is dead, second link is where I ordered the BA from.

I just checked Amazon, only saw one seller with the 30ml for $35, lol.

Sep 11, 2012
Amazon? No shit! Huh.. didn't even think to check there..
First link is dead, second link is where I ordered the BA from.

I just checked Amazon, only saw one seller with the 30ml for $35, lol.

I don't remember what I paid for the bottles I saw them on my recommendations and ordered a case of them bitches. I had some other stuff in my cart. So my total was a little over $700. The water wasn't cheap but I needed a bunch like yesterday. I actually need it here before 17 days or I'll be tight on water. Alot of your pep sights have it but it's way more costly to get it from them. I can say I've ordered a bunch of peps and never the water from their sight.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
Make sure when you buy off amazon, it's BW not sterile water. For some reason a lot of suppliers think the two are interchangeable.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic