Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Homebrew Mistakes I Have Made Thread

TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
See we don't really have a homebrew forum so I put it here.

POB's recent thread made me think of this. Seemed like a good thread to do, so - what mistakes have you made while brewing?

Me personally, I tend to stick to the simple recipes - for example, never tried to remove the estrogen from a synovex conversion - so, I have had fairly good luck. There are enough concise step by step recipes out there (basskiller is full of the best) so brewing should be a fairly straight forward endeavor. Still, mistakes will happen. Here are a few of mine:

1) pushing too hard on whatman filters. they WILL blow out.

2) not having enough filters on hand for a particularly messy brew. you end up running out and having the excrutiating misfortune of finishing off a vial drip by molasses slow drip through a clogged filter.

3) once contaminated a batch of tren so I heated it just below the molecular breakdown point. stuff turned the color of ice tea. filtered it in to the vial and used it all (50ml) with no apparent consequences, but sure as hell looked like shit.

4) not having spare vials in case you screw up.

TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
forgot this....

pushing the carrier a little too far. 200+ mg/ml.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Leaving vent needle too deep. All of a sudden oil comes pouring out

S

Shamrockbear1

MuscleHead
Dec 24, 2011
Me always can't get the formula correct for some reason it always comes out a little underdosed it drives me crazy instead of 250mg I get 222mg freaking formulas never add up. Also breaking the big membrane filter by over pumping the hand pump cracks the plastic membrane filters... I'll never do Whatman filter ever again omg took me forever! Hours to do like 200ml..... Hand was hurting...

TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
aaawwww. what a puss. haven't lived until you cripple your fingers using a whatman.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
For whatmans just buy a two gallon bucket and drill a hole on top big enough for the 60ml. Cut our front. Drop syringe through hole. Set up vial. Put 5 pound weight on plunger. Slow press no strain on filter. No mess. Takes about 4 hours.

Theoretically speaking of course.

Last edited:
TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
For whatmans just buy a two gallon bucket and drill a hole on top big enough for the 60ml. Cut our front. Drop syringe through hole. Set up vial. Put 5 pound weight on plunger. Slow press no strain on filter. No mess. Takes about 4 hours.

Theoretically speaking of course.

great. NOW you tell me.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Me always can't get the formula correct for some reason it always comes out a little underdosed it drives me crazy instead of 250mg I get 222mg freaking formulas never add up. Also breaking the big membrane filter by over pumping the hand pump cracks the plastic membrane filters... I'll never do Whatman filter ever again omg took me forever! Hours to do like 200ml..... Hand was hurting...

It's appears the the only variable would be powder density and without knowing this exactly , there will be some error at the end product. Judging from the calculators I've seen online of course.

To be 100% exact I would imagine you would take 1g of any substance and heat until melted, take a syringe and draw it up and record the volume it displaces. Then use that in your calculations. I've never tried this method. It just seems straight forward enough.

Last edited:
P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
3) once contaminated a batch of tren so I heated it just below the molecular breakdown point. stuff turned the color of ice tea. filtered it in to the vial and used it all (50ml) with no apparent consequences, but sure as hell looked like shit.

Question. Is this why tren 5 years ago was ice tea colored? Does tren have a lower oxidation point than the others? I don't see it so dark these days(in online pictures).

TexSon

TexSon

MuscleHead
Feb 15, 2013
Question. Is this why tren 5 years ago was ice tea colored? Does tren have a lower oxidation point than the others? I don't see it so dark these days(in online pictures).

couldn't tell you for sure, except that I have seen people post pics of some awfully dark tren...both bought and home brewed. that was the one and only time I have ever had dark tren. like I said, it worked just fine with no apparent chemical breakdown.

oh man, the caulkgun method. almost forgot about that.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Heating the compound longer can make the color darker. So can adding Test Prop and Sust to a batch of Tren.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic