Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

High school rides and "back in the day" thread.....

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Thought this was funny and I would share it.

My wife was going through some old books and found our high school yearbook. In it was a picture of my car.
This is a genuine 1974 impala with a 350sb. I paid 350$ for it. All the floor boards in the back were rusted out, only one windsheild wiper worked and well....it was no looker.
I went to walmart and bought 14 cans of flat black spray paint and painted the entire car, inside and out. Next I had my brother lay on the hood and I masked and painted around his body as if it was a crime scene. I had some crime scene tape, but it did not stay on there long.
Needless to say, some cool kids had their camaros.....but I had this beauty. I slept more than a few nights in it, too drunk to get back home. I could never get my girlfriend (now my wife in the back though ;) ). But it came through for plenty of other buddies.
My older brother begged to borrow it and let me take his brand new blazer for 3 days as a swap. When he brough my car back to me, he dropped it off at school. Later the next day, he was pissed at me, and I said "whats up?". He called me an ungreatful a$$hole becasue he filled up my 25gal tank for me when he dropped it off.
I told him.....oh....you cant put more than a 1/4 tank in because there is a rust hole in the tank and it just leaks out! :D
IW2ZQFW.jpg

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
No pics but had a 65 mustang convertible in high school in the mid 90s. Had the 289 K-code HiPo engine. Car was a high school pussy magnet.

I have an older sister who turned 16 when I was 12. She had $500 to her name and the old man said he'd match it for her first car. Then looked at me and said "when you turn 16, I'll do the same for you." Well, I was an industrious lad, and when I turned 16 first thing he asked me was how much I had. He nearly shat himself when I said "I have $5k and want a Mustang." Cruising the beach in the summer was amazing in that car.

There's very sad story to the end of the road with her, but I had a hell of a year in her before she met her untimely demise.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
1978 Powder Blue VW Bug with a Baja Kit. Paid $1100.00 for it which was steep for 1988. Wish I had pics but alas cameras weren't so easy to come by back then ;) I wrecked it at a hill climb in PA somewhere, pulled the tags off and declared it stolen.

trentracks

trentracks

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 23, 2011
67 Ford Fairlane gt 289 car got it off my best friends mom nailed his twin sisters Lisa and Leslie in that car knocked the exhaust off 4 wheeling out running the town clowns Ran the piss out of that car parted it out doubled my money. Then got a 71 Road runner 340 pistol grip 4 speed blue with the strobe stripe whew could write a novel on that cars memoirs put a 440 in that later spent years doing body work painted it black. Married life took it's toll sold it for the final time yes bought it back twice that car was me

kid666

kid666

VIP Member
Jan 28, 2011
I bought a new Blue 1982 Monte Carlo SS my Senior year(1982) . It was only $12,900 brand new. That car was sweet back then.

BigGameHunter

BigGameHunter

VIP Member
Jun 26, 2012
1982 Ford EXP purchased in 89 2 seater. We were pretty poor. I worked frying chicken, roofing and hauling hay to save and get it, man I was proud to have it. Great little car. I drove it straight to Churches Chicken and quit my job.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic