jacobss
What's New?

High Rep mitochondria development 300 reps

SpyWizard

SpyWizard

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2015
Leg press smith machine

Important not to lock out the knee, it's most critical that when you are conditioning and developing the mitochondria that once you put the muscle group under contraction you do not allow blood to get into the muscle.. you do that with limited range of motion, once the quad is tight or engaged, do not press to the point where it is open or closed, do not go to the bottom of the lift of the top, only way I know how to describe it.

300 lbs for 300 reps.. no lactic acid recovery.. that's the end goal, i say that because thats as high as i have taken it..

start with your body weight til you can do 50 reps, there are lots of ways to do this.. What will stop you is your mind and your cns (central nervous system) oh, and the intense pain you will feel.. hahah at least in the beginning..

once you can do the 50 simply do 6 sets

then go to 75 reps in 1 set, once again this is actually easy to do about week 3 or exercise experience 6 if you are going to do this 2x a week..

then you hit 100 reps per set x 3 sets... then take a rest for 4-10 days..

then it's just a matter of counting, i usually count in sets of 50, makes it easier to keep the count..

SpyWizard

SpyWizard

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2015
what?? no one has tried this type of training?? if for no other reason than to change up your strength training routine...

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
7592968031fd007e15d6ada9d9844880_S.jpg

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
Leg press smith machine

Important not to lock out the knee, it's most critical that when you are conditioning and developing the mitochondria that once you put the muscle group under contraction you do not allow blood to get into the muscle.. you do that with limited range of motion, once the quad is tight or engaged, do not press to the point where it is open or closed, do not go to the bottom of the lift of the top, only way I know how to describe it.

300 lbs for 300 reps.. no lactic acid recovery.. that's the end goal, i say that because thats as high as i have taken it..

start with your body weight til you can do 50 reps, there are lots of ways to do this.. What will stop you is your mind and your cns (central nervous system) oh, and the intense pain you will feel.. hahah at least in the beginning..

once you can do the 50 simply do 6 sets

then go to 75 reps in 1 set, once again this is actually easy to do about week 3 or exercise experience 6 if you are going to do this 2x a week..

then you hit 100 reps per set x 3 sets... then take a rest for 4-10 days..

then it's just a matter of counting, i usually count in sets of 50, makes it easier to keep the count..

sounds easy ... Piece of cake..let me get my diaper on though so it will be less messy when I shit myself at rep 150

SpyWizard

SpyWizard

VIP Member
Nov 24, 2015
hhhaaaa,

Amaze your friends and family.. lifting big is great however training in this manner is a good way to condition and rest, i don't advocate training this way all the time, just for 6-8 weeks at a time... much like static training, it needs to be cycled.

JR Ewing

JR Ewing

MuscleHead
Nov 9, 2012
I rarely go above 15 reps on anything. I may occasionally do up to 20-25 reps on the odd set or 2 of calf raises or other leg work if I'm feeling really brave, but that's it.

I use the treadmill and swimming in moderation (and as much sex as I can get) for cardio.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic