Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

hgh and menstrual

B

blondebeeeeee

TID Lady Member
Dec 1, 2023
Has anyone had issues with HGH cycle impacting menstrual cycle? I ran a very low dose of 2iu a day for a few months and it never came. I'm 29 143lb and train 5x a week. Blood work came back good and no other health concerns.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I have not seen that in any of my clients until their bodyfat gets really low or we are pushing really hard.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Has anyone had issues with HGH cycle impacting menstrual cycle? I ran a very low dose of 2iu a day for a few months and it never came. I'm 29 143lb and train 5x a week. Blood work came back good and no other health concerns.
Not that I’ve seen before. Now, I have when training is very intense and BF drops to a low point. Did you use anything else during your HGH cycle? Could you be pregnant and not know it…. Did they test for that in your bloodwork? Your hormones? vitamin D?

Based on your facts so far. A few things come to mind to consider. Your BF has dropped to low, or you aren’t getting the appropriate Protein, Fat, Carbs. Stress from exercise or life, or both.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
No, not heard of this. Doubt hgh is the cause here.
What else u runnin?
You training really hard right now? You say 5 x’s week, but is intensity high? Is your bodyfat low? That happens then.
What about stress?

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Unlikely but anytime you mess with hormones, the effects centrally are never known for sure. I don't know any female that enjoys her menstrual cycle, having said that, you might want to get checked by your GYN and make sure nothing else is going on unrelated to the GH. Also remember, absence of menses doesn't = absence of ovulation or pregnancy.

B

blondebeeeeee

TID Lady Member
Dec 1, 2023
Not that I’ve seen before. Now, I have when training is very intense and BF drops to a low point. Did you use anything else during your HGH cycle? Could you be pregnant and not know it…. Did they test for that in your bloodwork? Your hormones? vitamin D?

Based on your facts so far. A few things come to mind to consider. Your BF has dropped to low, or you aren’t getting the appropriate Protein, Fat, Carbs. Stress from exercise or life, or both.
Admittedly, in the beginning I was training really hard with some stress. But I lowered intensity and stress is much much lower. Not running anything else.
Body fat is around 23% and I track my macros. I was in a deficit but nothing has helped. I increased my macros to see if it would help 145p 185c 65f and still nothing. Not pregnant low hormone iud but also test was negative. It’s not that I want it to continue I just don’t want to have issues with pregnancy in the future.

Heady Muscle

Heady Muscle

VIP Member
Oct 13, 2014
Did your doctor's run a hormone panel or just regular blood panel checking blood counts, liver enzymes, etc?

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Admittedly, in the beginning I was training really hard with some stress. But I lowered intensity and stress is much much lower. Not running anything else.
Body fat is around 23% and I track my macros. I was in a deficit but nothing has helped. I increased my macros to see if it would help 145p 185c 65f and still nothing. Not pregnant low hormone iud but also test was negative. It’s not that I want it to continue I just don’t want to have issues with pregnancy in the future.
How long has the iud been in? And which one?

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Almost 6 years now it’s a 7 year low hormonal
So the good news for you is your fun monthly friend will eventually come back. Your hormones are a little out of whack from all the changes, and once your system normalizes it will probably happen. I would get your hormone levels checked to ensure there isn’t an issue with your IUD or one of your other levels. Not sure when your due for a pap and other follow up, but they can check those hormones then. Also ask them if they should run an ultrasound for any fibroids or cysts. So, what are you training for?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic