Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Here comes trouble....the IIFYM to the MAX (fried chicken and donuts) diet experiment

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
You guys may know Kane Sumbat. He goes by the screen name 'Timberwolf' on another forum.

tumblr_m7d5abST9P1r4vfixo1_400.jpg

Not a HUGE guy, but very fit. He has always preached IIFYM. To take his experiment even further, he is doing a cutting diet based on fried chicken and donuts. (and some protein powder.) (srs)

24l8xm8.jpg

Just thought this was interesting. He is one of the guys that convinced me year back about IIFYM. Now, to 'jump the shark' so to speak, he is going to use donuts and fried chicken to cut. He is going to run it till April. (also doing bloodwork to see the effects on blood markers)

I know these topics are very galvanizing as so many still want to hold to years of dogma of what 'clean' eating is.

Just thought I would share.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
This is exciting man. How can we follow his progress?

He looks awesome.

Does he compete?

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
He used to sit down and eat entire boxes of donuts lol

he inspired Fontana to do his donut diet that I posted months back as well.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
This is exciting man. How can we follow his progress?

He looks awesome.

Does he compete?

Probably has a log on bbing.com and myfitnesspal or one of those apps

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Can somebody come up with an IIFYM diet using McDonalds?
That would fun.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
That would fun.

There are some guys doing just that. They use a lot of nuggets though

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
I could go for some cheeseburgers right now.

gunrunner

gunrunner

Jul 24, 2013
That would fun.

You need to track the macros of what you eat at McDonalds and add in the missing Macros. It's fairly easy. Start with a Macro tracking program like MyFitnessPal (MFP), you can get it for iPhone, Android or on your computer. Enter in what you eat at McDonalds and don't go over your fat and carbs. You probably won't get enough protein so you will need to add in some protein powder. I would add in a multivitamin too as nutrition may be deficient

Your best bet would be to eat clean 90% of the time and have an occasional McD's cheeseburger and fit it into your macrsos.

Last edited:

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
God damn, he looks awesome, I love that look! I would like to follow him also....................:)

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
You probably won't get enough protein so you will need to add in some protein powder.

Yeah, that's exactly why they hit up the nuggets hard. Little higher protein for the cals, if I remember correctly.

Most guys doing IIFYM do about 70/30 for "clean" and "dirty" ratio, but there are those days where you just want to eat whatever and it's amazing that it has no impact on weight whatsoever if you stick to your macros. That's the great thing about it. It's a lifestyle diet, IMO.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
He is one of the guys that really convinced about IIFYM when I came back to the gym in 09. I was back in the old mindset of 'clean' eating etc. I would read how he ate whoppers and other things while 'cutting' and thought there must be some catch. After researching and trying it myself, it is the way it works. Reading Alan Aragon helped frame it a lot for me as well.

Obviously this does not mean that you should eat like this.....he is just proving a point in doing it as some guys still hold on to these dogmatic beliefs of 'clean' food.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Any updates on his progress so far?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic