Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

Hemocrit/thick blood and why it is important that we monitor it

J

J2048b

MuscleHead
Jul 2, 2012
ive been told to call the place after uve given blood and let them know uve come down with the flu... or something like that so they can destroy the blood... id hate to see some huge kids standing in my neighborhood given me the mean mug!

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
Thank you Ms Tg for your valuable input.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Correct, donating blood will lower Hematocrit. However er, is there a possibility that the gear we are on (currently 4 different compounds for me) will make the blood dangerous? Remember, donated blood goes to our weakest and most vulnerable people, many of which are children.

My Hemo is probably above 50 right now and I need to donate, but not is I risk harming^.

Your blood will not be dangerous... I've read that statement on another forum & believe that to be completely absurd. One individual actually stated that a woman receiving a pint of blood containing exogenous testosterone would have "permanent virilization"... lol. You are donating approximately 1/12th of your blood... the small amount of hormones that will be in your blood will be of no harm to the person receiving it, even women or children. Any small amount of drug in your pint of blood will be quickly metabolized & out of the person's bloodstream in a relatively short period of time.

Go to a blood donation center (not Red Cross but one that pays for blood donations) & look at the people that are in there... heavy smokers, drinkers, drug addicts, etc. Do you think their blood is less toxic than yours?? Hell no.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
You mean hematocrit lol. What was his platelet count THAT IS WHAT CONTROLS CLOTTING PEOPLE. a high hematocrit does not one thing you stated up there. Look up hematocrit and see what is actually is. Also hemoglobin and platelets while you are at it. the 2 go together. IF YOU DO HAVE A HIGH HEMATOCRIT. causes are Low blood oxygen levels, heart disease, dehydration, Pulmonary fibrosis, erythrocytosis. if you do have this condition "high hematocrit" you are at risk for ..... Excessive bleeding or ecchymosis. if you don't understand my terms you can look them up. if you post something like you are "a medical professional" i will respond like one. Fainting or feeling light-headed, Infection (a slight risk any time the skin is broken). So really its the complete opposite of what you had said. Sorry to burst your bubble but i don't like see false info being posted. ;)) just being Nurse Nancy
Mine has never topped 17.6, I thought that was high. I didn't know the scale went to 50 and upwards...

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Mine has never topped 17.6, I thought that was high. I didn't know the scale went to 50 and upwards...

17.6 would be your hemoglobin... times that number by 3 to get a ballpark figure of where your hematocrit is at.

rmewrench

rmewrench

Sep 9, 2011
Sleep apnea well cause rbc to raise also. Add Sleep apnea with aas, and you really put yourself at high risk. I have sleep apnea, last time i had blood work while up on cycle my hematocrit was 51. Endo told me If it creeps up to 54 he was putting me on meds to lower it. I just donate blood every other month while up.

Last edited:
S

sofargone561

Feb 26, 2013
What is the hematocrit?

The hematocrit is the proportion, by volume, of the blood that consists of red blood cells. The hematocrit (hct) is expressed as a percentage. For example, an hematocrit of 25% means that there are 25 milliliters of red blood cells in 100 milliliters of blood.

How is the hematocrit measured?

The hematocrit is typically measured from a blood sample by an automated machine that makes several other measurements at the same time. Most of these machines in fact do not directly measure the hematocrit, but instead calculate it based on the determination of the amount of hemoglobin and the average volume of the red blood cells. The hematocrit can also be determined by a manual method using a centrifuge. When a tube of blood is centrifuged, the red cells will be packed into the bottom of the tube. The proportion of red cells to the total blood volume can be visually measured.

What is a normal hematocrit?

The normal ranges for hematocrit are dependent on age and, after adolescence, the sex of the individual. The normal ranges are:

Newborns: 55% to 68%
One (1) week of age: 47% to 65%
One (1) month of age: 37% to 49%
Three (3) months of age: 30% to 36%
One (1) year of age: 29% to 41%
Ten (10) years of age: 36% to 40%
Adult males: 42% to 54%
Adult women: 38% to 46%
These values may vary slightly among different laboratories.

What does a low hematocrit mean?

A low hematocrit is referred to as being anemic. There are many reasons for anemia. Some of the more common reasons are loss of blood (traumatic injury, surgery, bleeding, and colon cancer), nutritional deficiency (iron, vitamin B12, folate), bone marrow problems (replacement of bone marrow by cancer, suppression by chemotherapy drugs, kidney failure), and abnormal hemaglobin (sickle cell anemia).

What does a high hematocrit mean?

Higher than normal hematocrit levels represent elevated red blood cell counts. High hematocrits can be seen in people living at high altitudes and in chronic smokers. Dehydration produces a falsely high hematocrit that disappears when proper fluid balance is restored. Some other infrequent causes of elevated hematocrit are lung disease, certain tumors, a disorder of the bone marrow known as polycythemia rubra vera, and abuse of the drug erythropoietin (Epogen) by athletes for blood doping purposes.

P

pepino

Jul 1, 2013
Did a combo of Equi with Nandro (no Test) and I loved it. All and I mean all of my pains and little aches went away. BUT having said that my blood became super-thick. No matter how much I loved that cycle I will never do it again.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic