Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Help with Inzer belt. buckle or lever??

P

plank

Sep 16, 2010
Looking at a Inzer forever lifting belt. Should I get a buckle style (1/2 prong) or lever style?? which one is nicer to use?

Thanks

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
I think the lever is the nicest... But i prefer the 2 prong...

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
it's really just a preference thing brother some people like the security of a prong and some people like the ease of use from a lever. Both will get the job done.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I always used prongs but once I got the 10mm forever lever, I was instantly hooked.....love the lever, great belt, great security for me personally.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Just bought my first lever. I really like it. You can put it on but not tighten it while you are getting ready to make your lift. When you are ready, just pop the lever closed. Complete said lift and by the time you are looking for a place to rest you can have it popped open already. Security is 100% but very easy to pop on and off.

O

OldPLer

Nov 29, 2010
lever is much easier to use and i dont notice any difference in using it.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I think a lever is best for raw lifters and a pronged belt works best for an equipped one. The pronged belt is easier to adjust but the lever is easier to get tight.

JOMO

JOMO

Jul 5, 2012
10mm lever here. Love the belt. High quality belt that is easy to use and adjust.

A

audix2359

May 23, 2012
Lever for me...very nice belt and easy to get on and off.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
With a belt puller it is easier to get a pronged belt really tight for me. That and it's easier to adjust for weight fluctuation and amount of gear worn and will never break.

If I were buying a cheaper belt like a toro or eliteFTS I'd go lever because the buckles those guys use are garbage. But Bobs belts or Inzer belts are made to last forever and have very nice hardware.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I have a two prong Valeo belt I used for a long time, and I ordered 10mm inzer lever belt a couple months ago.

It's great, not too hard to tighten and once you finish your lift flip the lever open and the belt loosens up.

I'm 100% glad I bought it now. I still use my Valeo belt also.

But the lever belt for squats, bench, strict curls and standing over head press.

But at the end of the day, it depends on what your more comfortable with.

The pros for the lever belt: not hard to clamp tight, easy to loosen, really supports you once you find the right setting.

The pros for a prong belt: easier to adjust, a little cheaper, can be just as tight as the lever belt once you get used to it.

Cons for lever belt: takes a little time to adjust it, more expensive, you have to make sure you measure your waist right or the belt won't fit you properly.

Cons for prong belt: it takes a lot of energy to get a prong belt tight, and that's energy you can be using to focus on your main lift. Harder to get the prong belt tight.

These pros and cons are just my list and opinion from experience with both types of belts.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic