Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Hello!

M

mrshaymaker

Oct 24, 2015
Hey everyone!

I'm looking forward to making some new connections. I'm new to weight lifting and have seriously considered going as far as competing. I have a long way to go and a lot to learn! My previous focus was long distance running (half marathons, my PR is 2:28), but I'm ready for a new challenge. So here I am!

I've been seriously incorporating weight lifting since about March of this year. I generally live a healthy lifestyle that my husband (his username is haymaker on this forum) & I are sharing on the YouTube channel we just started (search for his name Nathan Haymaker to locate our channel) . We workout on average 5 days a week. My workout today was a 2 mile, warm up run in just under 20 minutes and a good bicep workout. It was back and bicep day, but I had to take it easy.

For nutrition, we eat pretty healthy. I follow about 1500 calories a day and track using my fitness pal. I'm a fat kid in disguise and have a huge sweet tooth, but I'm going on an 11 day streak! :) I think I have about 15ish pounds of body fat to lose, but we'll see. I weighed in a few days ago at 169. I'm 5'9". If I squeeeeeeze into them, I can wear a size 8 jeans ;)

Thanks for getting to know a little about me! I look forward to hearing from you! Search YouTube for Nathan Haymaker and watch a video or 2. Hit the thumbs up and subscribe!

Elizabeth

Last edited:
Big_paul

Big_paul

MuscleHead
May 14, 2014
Welcome. A family that lifts together stays together. You have found the right board. There are literally hundereds of years of experience here. There are a lot of vets here, and you will also find other lady vets here to help you reach your goals.

Paul

M

mrshaymaker

Oct 24, 2015
Welcome. A family that lifts together stays together. You have found the right board. There are literally hundereds of years of experience here. There are a lot of vets here, and you will also find other lady vets here to help you reach your goals.

Paul

Thank you! I am definitely planning on browsing the women's forums. I've been considering a bikini physique competition for quite some time, but have a long way to go. No doubt folks here will help :)

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Welcome to The Iron Den!

Do compete! Those on here who have done shows and meets agree: it is an experience not to be missed!

M

mrshaymaker

Oct 24, 2015
Welcome to The Iron Den!

Do compete! Those on here who have done shows and meets agree: it is an experience not to be missed!

That's great to hear! Have you ever had any negative experiences with competing? Particularly around extreme dieting and hormone balance?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic