Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Hello

A

aperry580

Oct 1, 2015
hello im new to this forum I heard about from someone that was on a different forum with me and he said this was the place to be I cant post vids yet but my goal is to get my bench to the next level I have poor form (I think) have never had any coaching or done any strength programs ive been lifting around 6 years and im currently sitting at a 580 raw bench at 266lbs (today). ill post vids as soon as I rack up enough posts . im completely natural though not completely by choice btw lol. just thought id mention it in case it changes anyones advice .

thanks

bigrobbie

bigrobbie

TID OG Member
Sep 19, 2010
Wow, lifting that weight without an injury tells me that your form can't be that poor.

Welcome to TID anyway. Glad to have you.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Hey man! Glad you took my invite!!! I'll post your vid for you.....pretty sick bench! You will find this to be a great place filled with lots of experienced guys. The great thing about it is many are willing to reach out and help. The knowledge that exists here blows my mind at times. You wont find a place as good as this filled with good guys!!!

Welcome!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Just wanted to follow up on your form. There are some VERY experienced and knowledgeable guys on here who really helped me a TON with my form. BrotherIron jumps to mind first, but there are other...like Porkylittlekeg, pillarofbalance....etc.

You make me look like a weakling even on my best day but I benched a lot like you. I just relied on my raw strength. My feet were not planted. I was not "tight" at all. Very little arch...all kinds of issues. With their guidance, I added almost 25lbs to my bench in just a few months with some form corrections. (my best competition bench is a paused 420 at 200lbs) Prior with that, I snuggled hitting 405.

You are just plain cock strong. With some refinements, I am sure there is quite a bit more on tap. I'll save it for the guys that have a lot more experience with powerlifting than I. But welcome. My advice is start a journal and post vids...and ask for help on areas. Some very good guys in here.

A

aperry580

Oct 1, 2015
thanks man read some good stuff here already

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
We ALL saw the Vid, great job, you've accomplished a lot more than most of us in here. The guys here are awesome and can truly help you reach that next level with coaching. Welcome, and thanks for joining.

I do have to say, it will be cool to look back in time and see your progress over time.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Welcome Brother!!! And what a fantastic entry!!! Jeesh!! Beast!

A

aperry580

Oct 1, 2015
Thanks guys, I look forward to some great advice an great people to talk to. I cant wait to use all your gathered knowledge to go to 600 an beyond. Any initial thoughts. ill start a thread of my bench workout an hopefully get some good advice.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Thanks guys, I look forward to some great advice an great people to talk to. I cant wait to use all your gathered knowledge to go to 600 an beyond. Any initial thoughts. ill start a thread of my bench workout an hopefully get some good advice.

Just start your log!

ChrisLindsay9

ChrisLindsay9

MuscleHead
Jun 17, 2013
Welcome to the Iron Den. I guess you already know me lol, but I'm looking forward to following your training.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic