Members
Latest Member
AKC83
What's New?

Hello from the Adirondacks

D

Dude

May 11, 2015
I had worked out years ago when I was in my 20's while in the military. I got out, then reenlisted, got busy doing other stuff, life went on. I decided to start lifting again about a month ago. I'll be 55 this summer and I've had Bell's Palsy for almost a year so far. The 23rd of May will be one year. I'm trying to get myself healthier so maybe my face will come around and fix itself. I have done some research and found a list of foods I can and can't eat, and I've been sticking to them. I've also found that I meed to take vitamins B1, B6, B12 and Zinc, and I'm taking those everyday as well. Along with those vitamins I decided to take some vitapacks from GNC and I'm making some protein shakes as well.

I've been sick as hell with a cold the past week and a half, but I'm finally getting over it. So now I can start lifting all over again. I think I lost everything that I had gained. I don't have a gym I can go to around here. I think the closest gym is about a half an hour drive from my home, and for me to walk that would take forever. I can't drive because of the Bell's Palsy. I have to wear a patch over my right eye whenever I go anywhere. I can't blink that eye. So anyway, I workout at my house. I can do squats, and all the bench work, 4 different incline, flat and declines. And I have a few dumbbells as well.

So if any of you have had, or you know of someone that's had, Bell's Palsy, please give me some advice. I've seen four doctors so far and they all tell me it just has to run it's course. They also tell me it will get better. I'm just not seein' it. Thanks for any advice any of you can give me.

Grumpyfit

Grumpyfit

MuscleHead
Jun 7, 2012
my better half had it about two years ago. Neurologist told her the same thing. As far as we can tell studies are inconclusive and more needs to be done. He did iterate "stress" is a major contributor. She did eventually get through it naturally. Welcome to TID.

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
Welcome aboard! My ex wife got bells palsy after 2nd child birth, 3 yrs later it is almost unnoticeable. Best wishes and keep training!

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Have nothing to offer besides a hello, welcome to TID.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Welcome to TID, thanks for joining.

D

Dude

May 11, 2015
Thanks for the welcome guys. Today was the first day of working out in almost two weeks. Had a chest cold and head cold for all that time. I felt like throwing up the whole time, but I kept going. Haha

I think it was stress that caused this, I just don't know how to get rid of it. So I'll just stick to my diet, take my vitamins, and keep lifting. Not much else to do except housework, and yard work, and fix everything that breaks. haha

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Thanks for the welcome guys. Today was the first day of working out in almost two weeks. Had a chest cold and head cold for all that time. I felt like throwing up the whole time, but I kept going. Haha

I think it was stress that caused this, I just don't know how to get rid of it. So I'll just stick to my diet, take my vitamins, and keep lifting. Not much else to do except housework, and yard work, and fix everything that breaks. haha

Maybe cut down on the White Russians?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic