Threads
Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Heaviest Snatches of All Time

O

OldPLer

Nov 29, 2010
these guys are great ahtletes even though most of them sure dont look like it, great video

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Awesome lifts. I've always wondered if these guys struggle with injuries. Technique is so important, and just a slight mistake at some of these weights can mean disaster.

To answer your question..... yes. Olympic weightlifting is extremely brutal on the body especially when you get into the upper echelon of the sport. It isn't just making mistakes that takes a toll. It's the squatting 5x week or the performing hundreds of snatches and C&J each and every week. It's the 5+ hours training days.

I've been fortaunte enough to train with lifters who compete at the World Level on Team USA so I've seen the dedication and commitment it takes and it's mind boggling.

One other to note that makes their careers short is the fact that Olympic weightlifters NEVER take time off no matter what. If they're injured.... they're still lifting.

Last edited:
any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
Amazing athletes. The C & J to me is impressive. The Snatch...takes so much coordination, speed and strength. Proper form can beat brute strength on any given day.

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Jesus they are so f-ucking fast the speed they generate is crazy

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I thought this would have some Paarke pics at least:imlost:

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic