Members
Latest Member
jacobss

Heaviest Snatches of All Time

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I wanted to share this video with everyone who snatches or has ever snatched. This video is crazy.

Last edited by a moderator:

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Crazy, some of if not the most impressive thing I have ever seen.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
oh that snatch....I thought I was going to c something different....

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
The speed you must need to put 470 over head is just insane

Rumpy

Rumpy

Mar 17, 2013
Wow, yeah, me too, I thought it was the other thing. I was scared to look.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Thanks BI, crazy video. I can't even fathom doing anything like that with one plate a side :confused:

I tried to look for it last week, I typed 'Biggest snatches of all time' but got something comepletely different.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Yea I'm with FD , I thought it was the furry one... but that video was extreme!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Thanks BI, crazy video. I can't even fathom doing anything like that with one plate a side :confused:

MF, you should give it a try sometime.

Olympic weightlifting has to be the most satisfying strength sport I've ever been a part of. The feeling you get when you perform a lift correctly..... you can't put words to it.

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
MF, you should give it a try sometime.

Olympic weightlifting has to be the most satisfying strength sport I've ever been a part of. The feeling you get when you perform a lift correctly..... you can't put words to it.
I would love to, but I have the flexibility of a plank of wood. I don't think I would be any good at it.

Possibly a stupid question, how did the guy first up on the video get a WR when the other lifts (#1 and #2) were heavier and not as recent? Were there slightly different weight divisions back in the 80's and 90's?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I would love to, but I have the flexibility of a plank of wood. I don't think I would be any good at it.

Possibly a stupid question, how did the guy first up on the video get a WR when the other lifts (#1 and #2) were heavier and not as recent? Were there slightly different weight divisions back in the 80's and 90's?

They changed the weight classes to reset all the records. Krastev has the highest snatch of all time. Just like Taranko has the highest C&J of all time. The faggots running the show changed the weight classes to negate those records b/c they came from an era that allowed drug use (where it was legal, kinda). Now, don't get me wrong the drug use is still VERY rampant even with it being deemed illegal and the bans/fines that go along with it. That is why I say make it completely legal since it's so prevalent in the sport anyways. You CAN'T train the way they do without the use of performance enhances. Even with them most people have short careers and wind up injured.

Rumpy

Rumpy

Mar 17, 2013
I still think this post is about my wife

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
You CAN'T train the way they do without the use of performance enhances. Even with them most people have short careers and wind up injured.

Awesome lifts. I've always wondered if these guys struggle with injuries. Technique is so important, and just a slight mistake at some of these weights can mean disaster.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic