Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Health risks of AAS use and ways to combat them.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Nope. No tutorial here. I don't have enough knowledge of the myriad of health risks associated with AAS use to make even a semi-complete list, and I don't have the personal experience with combating these risks that would make me a good candidate for helping you do the same. Sure, I could use google and FISTfuck the shit outta this thread, but my dignity won't let me.

After reading the post by TheClap about donating blood regularly, I realized that I needed to take "safe cycling" to a whole new level. This is where I need your help. If you have in depth knowledge of other health risks in regards to AAS use, please post up. If you also have a personal story of how you overcome these health risks, such as supplementing or diet changes, please post these as well. It may be selfish of me to ask for this for my own health benefits, but in the process I hope that all who stumble upon this thread learn a little something as well, so POST UP! (I'm talking to almost everyone, but especially to YOU shine and ajdos and glyco and thinkbig and nutnut.)

PLEASE, NO IGNORANT RESPONSES ABOUT HOW AAS USE IS PERFECTLY SAFE AND ACTUALLY IMPROVES ALL HEALTH MARKERS.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
I'm interested in seeing responses to this as well. My approach has just to be conservative, with test being the only compound I use and a relatively small dose at that (500mg). As with everything that matters in life, using a risk/ reward approach serves best. I'm not sure I'll go to far into other compounds in the future, but I'm not ruling it out.

Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
i think u are taking this way to far lol.... GET UR FUCKEN BLOOD WORK DONE N STOP FUCKEN WORRYING....

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
i think u are taking this way to far lol.... GET UR FUCKEN BLOOD WORK DONE N STOP FUCKEN WORRYING....

So if I get my bloodwork done, my doctor will recommend a list of herbal supplements and dietary changes that are tailored specifically to bodybuilding/powerlifting? Not likely, in fact, highly improbable. Not to mention, not all of us are lucky enough to even get our bloodwork analyzed by a doctor. The purpose of this thread is for those who are more experienced than I, but like-minded in terms of safety AND goals, to share their health related side effects and fix-actions for them. I think it's irritatingly ignorant to tell someone that they are "taking this way to[o] far" when they are trying to stay healthy.

STOP FUCKEN WORRYING? About my health? Ummmmmmm, no. Here's one for you since you have been quoted multiple times as saying that AAS has never been proven to be related to a death......STOP FUCKEN POSTING IN MUH THREAD.

EDIT: Please. Thank you.

Last edited:

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I've known and seen a few on the boards die over the years from being stupid users, good for you SAD.

B

beck26

Jul 28, 2011
there can never be to much info on the health risks of aas use and ways to prevent or suplements to take to help out. great ;post bro.

Reactions: SAD
gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Someanddone said:
PLEASE, NO IGNORANT RESPONSES ABOUT HOW AAS USE IS PERFECTLY SAFE AND ACTUALLY IMPROVES ALL HEALTH MARKERS.

If done correctly that is exactly what AAS should do! I think your health is far more at risk through supplements and tap water than AAS.

Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
i agree with slinger.... if u are that worried about ur health MAYBE STEROIDS ARE NOT FOR U...... if u are going to quote me quote the whole thing when you write. not only did i say you are taking it to far i also said GET UR BLOOD WORK DONE!!!!!!!! if u are worried about ur health.... lock urself inside your house do not go out and eat only fresh organic food

Last edited:
Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
here u goo bro this is a post by F.I.S.T maybe this will help u realize instead of being scared...

http://www.theironden.com/steroids-law/5544-real-sports-bryant-gumbel-aas-fact-based-report.html

and i do believe that AAS have never killed anyone.... and this is a challenge for U find me ONE person who's cause of death was steroids... plz... let me guess the Dr in the video that has a medical degree from harvard and masters from yale who is a strong advocate of steroid use and the none dangers he must be a idiot?

Last edited:
Body_Builder

Body_Builder

MuscleHead
Oct 18, 2010
Ok, if you guys are not concerned with the health issues of using aas that's fine. There are some of us that have made the choice to use aas and be as safe as we can about it.....we don't want to hear it. I'm sure SAD didn't make this thread to have a pissing contest with FIST and associates. Great thread bro and I'm looking forward to the answers as well....

Q

Qwerty1424

MuscleHead
Mar 2, 2011
nobody is saying dont be concerned..... everyone is saying get ur fucken blood work done. and doctor do not recommend herbal supplements to fix problems.. if u are THAT worried about health problems. Far more people die everyday walking out of the house in car accidents the common cold i could go on and on... maybe AAS are not for u because a couple handfuls of people have passed away using steroids..... helll maybe protein is not for you..... here are some side effects of protein.... maybe we should all stop eating protein?

Not getting enough protein is one of the reasons why a muscle building workout isn’t building muscle. Getting your required protein intake is crucial – but what happens if you take too much?
Protein isn’t particularly dangerous, but an over-consumption of protein may be associated with:
Weight gain. Excess calories from excess protein may be stored as body fat.
Intestinal irritation. Too much protein has been linked to constipation, diarrhea and/or excessive gas.
Dehydration. Experts advise drinking a half gallon of water per 100 grams of protein.
Seizures. Seizures have been linked to excess protein intake – but only if insufficient amounts of water are consumed.
Increase in liver enzymes.
Nutritional deficiencies. Just focusing on protein intake causes some high-protein dieters to overlook other nutrients. Ensure that your diet is balanced and nutritious.
Risk of heart disease. This is a bit misleading. A healthy high-protein diet is not associated with heart disease. But if you are getting all of your protein from unhealthy sources that are loaded in unhealthy fats, obviously the risk for heart disease will increase.
Kidney problems. Some believe that high protein and low carbohydrate diets – when done long term – can possibly cause kidney issues, but more research needs to be done.
While this list may seem alarming, it’s important to remember that many of these side effects are only associated with highly excessive protein diets coupled with unbalanced nutrition and/or dehydration. And this list pales in comparison to the side effects of protein deficiency, which includes general illness, loss of hair, loss of sleep, poor coordination, vision problems, etc.
The average person needs about .4 grams of protein per pound of body weight. Active individuals may require .6 grams. People that exercise frequently and at a high intensity – like myself – require about a gram per pound of body weight. Bodybuilders and athletes may require even more.
With protein, it’s okay to act a bit like Goldilocks. You don’t want too little or too much – but an amount that’s just right.

Last edited:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011

i agree with slinger.... if u are that worried about ur health MAYBE STEROIDS ARE NOT FOR U...... if u are going to quote me quote the whole thing when you write. not only did i say you are taking it to far i also said GET UR BLOOD WORK DONE!!!!!!!! if u are worried about ur health.... lock urself inside your house do not go out and eat only fresh organic food

here u goo bro this is a post by F.I.S.T maybe this will help u realize instead of being scared...

http://www.theironden.com/steroids-law/5544-real-sports-bryant-gumbel-aas-fact-based-report.html

and i do believe that AAS have never killed anyone.... and this is a challenge for U find me ONE person who's cause of death was steroids... plz... let me guess the Dr in the video that has a medical degree from harvard and masters from yale who is a strong advocate of steroid use and the none dangers he must be a idiot?

nobody is saying dont be concerned..... everyone is saying get ur fucken blood work done. and doctor do not recommend herbal supplements to fix problems.. if u are THAT worried about health problems. Far more people die everyday walking out of the house in car accidents the common cold i could go on and on... maybe AAS are not for u because a couple handfuls of people have passed away using steroids..... helll maybe protein is not for you..... here are some side effects of protein.... maybe we should all stop eating protein?

Not getting enough protein is one of the reasons why a muscle building workout isn’t building muscle. Getting your required protein intake is crucial – but what happens if you take too much?
Protein isn’t particularly dangerous, but an over-consumption of protein may be associated with:
Weight gain. Excess calories from excess protein may be stored as body fat.
Intestinal irritation. Too much protein has been linked to constipation, diarrhea and/or excessive gas.
Dehydration. Experts advise drinking a half gallon of water per 100 grams of protein.
Seizures. Seizures have been linked to excess protein intake – but only if insufficient amounts of water are consumed.
Increase in liver enzymes.
Nutritional deficiencies. Just focusing on protein intake causes some high-protein dieters to overlook other nutrients. Ensure that your diet is balanced and nutritious.
Risk of heart disease. This is a bit misleading. A healthy high-protein diet is not associated with heart disease. But if you are getting all of your protein from unhealthy sources that are loaded in unhealthy fats, obviously the risk for heart disease will increase.
Kidney problems. Some believe that high protein and low carbohydrate diets – when done long term – can possibly cause kidney issues, but more research needs to be done.
While this list may seem alarming, it’s important to remember that many of these side effects are only associated with highly excessive protein diets coupled with unbalanced nutrition and/or dehydration. And this list pales in comparison to the side effects of protein deficiency, which includes general illness, loss of hair, loss of sleep, poor coordination, vision problems, etc.
The average person needs about .4 grams of protein per pound of body weight. Active individuals may require .6 grams. People that exercise frequently and at a high intensity – like myself – require about a gram per pound of body weight. Bodybuilders and athletes may require even more.
With protein, it’s okay to act a bit like Goldilocks. You don’t want too little or too much – but an amount that’s just right.

Total nonsense... He's not saying AAS will kill you in some direct manner. We're talking relative safety; not complete safety anyway. I don't know where you came from, but this isn't a board full of morons and SAD certainly isn't one... Keep your cookie cutter "name one death from steroids" crap out of this thread while we explore this issue further than a brief clip from Bryant Gumble.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic