Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Headed back to TULANE.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
A friend of mine his son plays football for Tulane..This is his 3rd season there....Two yeas ago i was invited to watch the team train with the weights...Well,big mike told some of his team mates that i could slam down some reps with 225 on the bench..Which i can....I have built alot of strengh in my years and not just power..
the story goes on i ended up benching for the team more or less showing them young breeds what a old pug like me can do...I hit 60 reps with 225lbs...Not a big deal...I hit this all the time on burn out sets towards the end of all my benching...if not 225 i will use 275 for 30 reps...The team was amazed an the coach was amazed himself..Anyway,just a wile ago i get a phone call from my friend and asked me if i wantted to go watch the team lift agin next week...He siad they been asking about me ...So i told him why not...It was a good experiance...hell i ate for free and got a few t-shirts out the deal...Nice t-shirts...So,im looking forward for a repeat because i allready know there are expecting me for a rep out.....and i will give it to them.2 years older and still in the game.dw

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
That's awesome DW. You may not know this but I think the NFL combine record is only about 53 reps so I'd say 60 was a big deal.

IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
Correction: only 49

Last edited by a moderator:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
A friend of mine his son plays football for Tulane..This is his 3rd season there....Two yeas ago i was invited to watch the team train with the weights...Well,big mike told some of his team mates that i could slam down some reps with 225 on the bench..Which i can....I have built alot of strengh in my years and not just power..
the story goes on i ended up benching for the team more or less showing them young breeds what a old pug like me can do...I hit 60 reps with 225lbs...Not a big deal...I hit this all the time on burn out sets towards the end of all my benching...if not 225 i will use 275 for 30 reps...The team was amazed an the coach was amazed himself..Anyway,just a wile ago i get a phone call from my friend and asked me if i wantted to go watch the team lift agin next week...He siad they been asking about me ...So i told him why not...It was a good experiance...hell i ate for free and got a few t-shirts out the deal...Nice t-shirts...So,im looking forward for a repeat because i allready know there are expecting me for a rep out.....and i will give it to them.2 years older and still in the game.dw

Bust out the jock strap and the bucket!!! Show them young guns how to REALLY SQUAT!!! ;) 60 reps at 225 is mind boggling bro... its unbelievable how much power a guy can build.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
Thats just fucking incredible DW. you should be very proud of yourself.

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
DW 60 is nuts bro thats serious bragging rights

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
that is so very awesome DW. im very happy for you! show them youngsters how to do it for real. and 60 reps is beyond impressive!

J

johnjay06

VIP Member
Jul 22, 2011
I'm not far from there, wish i had the free time, I'd love to see it!

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
That's awesome DW. You may not know this but I think the NFL combine record is only about 53 reps so I'd say 60 was a big deal.

dam no shit...Now i did know all team memebers was required to hit 20 reps with 225....But i didnt know they held records for reps...dw

Last edited:
D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
this morrining my stmoach was in knots for some reason..very shitty workout..After barely making the squats i had to push myself to bench...But the last 4 sets feeling like shit i ended up pumping out 52 reps for the first burnout set and the other 3 last sets i pumped out 40 .....dw

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
Thats just fucking incredible DW. you should be very proud of yourself.

you know bro..after lifting for so long and ive been threw that pride shit so many times it doesnt really cross my mind any longer...reason being i think...Becase ive been there and done it...Ive been able to rep like this for years now...I do it in every bench workout...so,its like no big deal.....dw

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic