Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

HCG Diet

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
I'm not soley convinced either bro, these are just possibilities and not proven . it's possible in men for fat loss with hcg stimulating T levels and an indirect effect of androgens which inhibit the ability of some fat cells to store lipids by blocking a signal transduction pathway that normally supports adipocyte function. Also, androgens, but not estrogens, increase beta adrenergic receptors while decreasing alpha adrenergic receptors- which results in increased levels of epinephrine/ norepinephrine due to lack of alpha-2 receptor negative feedback and decreased fat accumulation due to epinephrine/ norepinephrine then acting on lipolysis-inducing beta receptors.

Looks like everyone will have to try it for them selves. I'd rather use GH lol

if anything those with low hormones is the main way it's working by increasing hormone levels if it is imo.

Those studies sertainly don't look to promising for hcg and fat loss. lol

The usual signal transduction pathway is AC–cAMP–PKA activation for HCG which in it's self has no impact on fat loss but I can see where your going with an indirect effect, my concern however is that even that should cause a difference in a double blind if the impact is noticeable. Since the idea is that HCG mimics LH and therefore causing leydig cell stimulation and as a result test production I'd think that would really only apply to those with low test (and off cycle) but we are in theory land at this point (otherwise it's going to cause natural LH production shutdown). I like to stay the course and base my conclusions on the healthy individual otherwise we will run into many scenarios.

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Like I said in my post....the premise for the HCG diet is based off of HCG function in pregnancy. I have seen people make dramatic change on the system, regardless of cause. I shoot HCG in my cal-def part of my diet...maybe I'm just wasting it...doesn't matter cause I ran out anyways.

A

artschoolgirl

TID Lady Member
Oct 2, 2011
it's interesting that this diet is being discussed here, since i just lost 18 lbs doing HCG. funnily enough that's why i came looking for a lifting forum. on the hcg diet i went from a size 10-12 to a size 4. i lost 4 inches on my waist, one inch on each arm at the fatty tricep old lady arm place, i lost 2.5 inches on each upper thigh and i lost 3 inches from my hips. i've NEVER lost from my hips or thighs, so i'm convinced that this diet is legit -- usually on a low calorie diet i lose all the weight on my face, then some around my ribs, and then i start to show signs of malnutrition... this time, my face and my ribs were the only places that stayed the same.

i can tell you, it does work, the A2 receptor thing is the premise, and it works, the reason why you don't bounce back to your old weight is the three week maintenance period once youre done with the 500 calories per day part... for three weeks no sugars or starches (yes, you can have fruit) and an appropriate amount of calories for your new weight and height and activity level.

i'm not done with the 3 maintenance weeks yet so i'll let you all know how adding back grains and sugars goes, but all of the people i've talked to over at www.hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums have been really helpful to me and they'll answer any questions you have if you register, there's a shoutbox over there too... i dont know if you can ask questions on the threads without registering, but you can certainly search them. or google your questions but add "hcgdietinfo" to the search, that will give you lots of posts specifically from that forum, which has been a great resource for me.

also, i didn't have lean muscle loss, i just didn't have much lean muscle to begin with, i'm kind of a nerdy girl - so thats why i'm here trying to learn how to build up some strength and tone my body!!! i don't care about the number on the scale as much as i care about how i look and feel, and as i've gotten lighter, i've felt so much stronger, so i figure the next step is to build up more strength by learning how to lift.

i do pilates three times per week, i've been doing that for 4 months or so, but its hard to motivate myself to go to the gym in addition to that when i have no idea what i'd be doing there. (i was able to continue doing pilates when i started the hcg - in the 2.5 months of pilates before the hcg i didn't lose any weight, btw - but it was difficult to do cardio without feeling weak, so i stopped doing the stationary bike 3 times a week, and just considered walking around nyc my cardio. it seemed to work) anyone who wants to message me good threads to read for a strength building newbie, please message me!!

i hope i've helped answer some of your HCG questions.

ps: hile, gunslinger! congratulations to your wife!!

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
artschoolgirl said:
ps: hile, gunslinger! congratulations to your wife!!

Thanks.

I know nutnut will disagree with me but here is the thing with the HCG diet. If it was just low cal that caused the weight loss the person on the diet would get hungry. Most don't. If it was just low cal after a week or two the person on the diet would have headaches, stomach cramps ect. People don't. When people try eating 500 cals per day without HCG they have all these problems and rebound weight gain. Explain that? I'm just saying.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Thanks.

I know nutnut will disagree with me but here is the thing with the HCG diet. If it was just low cal that caused the weight loss the person on the diet would get hungry. Most don't. If it was just low cal after a week or two the person on the diet would have headaches, stomach cramps ect. People don't. When people try eating 500 cals per day without HCG they have all these problems and rebound weight gain. Explain that? I'm just saying.

I will say there is good evidence that injectable real hcg does influence the hormones that control hunger in the brain.

Billthebutcher

Billthebutcher

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2011
I am going to give it a shot trying to pull some HCG as well speak. I will settle this for good.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I am going to give it a shot trying to pull some HCG as well speak. I will settle this for good.

Send me a bunch of that HCG and I'll eat like a pig while on it... Call me the control group :D

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
Man... this was such a great time in TID history.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic