Members
Latest Member
arcticranger

Having a hard time Deadlifting with a belt

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
I will have to fool around with it I guess, but it definitely throws me out of my groove. Not going to break any records but my own anyway :)

Thanks for all the help guys,
Hawk

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Good points. Interested to hear if you use the same holes for squat & deads, or do you have your belt tighter for squatting?

I squat pretty upright, so my belt is lower and cranked tighter. In the squat I like having my belt hit my legs/hips in the hole so that I can feel where it is and also get some stability out of it. IN the deadlift I want it on for support until I clear my knees, but out of the way so that I can get to the bar.

iron-whisperer

iron-whisperer

Jan 3, 2013
I don't use a belt for squats or deads... but i am obssed with form... not sure if what you should do but the video of lilly lifting over 7 says it can be done saftely..

any1uno

any1uno

MuscleHead
Dec 22, 2010
Currently I am training without a belt on both squat and dead. When I decide to hit a comp again I'll start training with one. The advice above is sound though. Loser for deads and a touch higher. Tighter for squats.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
There are belts specifically for deadlifting. They are more pliable then your typical belt so it stays out of the way.

I wasn't aware of this but through trial and error I noticed I can pull better with a less rigid belt.

For squats I use an Inzer 10mm Lever; for deads I use a Scheik 9mm double prong. I couldn't DL for shit with the Inzer; too bulky. So I went back to my old belt for deads.

K

kgj1119

Jan 16, 2011
If ur pulling better with it off. Leave it off

S

SD1959

VIP Member
Mar 2, 2012
Spud inc makes a 3 ply material belt that's got pretty good reviews.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
I have the 2-ply SPUD Inc. Deadlift belt and I use it more often than my 13mm Toro Lever belt. It has just enough "give" (slight roll over actually) to stop pinching at the bottom of a pull. The 3-ply was essentialy just as stiff as my suede belt, it was however only 3" wide which gave a little more room between hips and ribs.

alpha

alpha

VIP Member
May 1, 2012
The spud belt is amazing for deadlifts. Enough give to be comfortable but enough support to maximize intra-adbominal pressure. I have both the double ply and the triple ply. I prefer the triple ply ontop of my rehband belt when deadlifting

ketsugo

ketsugo

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2011
If your not training super heavy no need. In 95 I had lower back surgery . Part of my rehab was deads with no belt . Build your erectors let you body be its own belt - I haven't used one since. However if I was a competition power or Olympic I would . So depends on you

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic