135 X 5
225 X 2
315 X 2
365 X 1 with 6 chains
365 X 1 with 8 chains
365 X 1 with 10 chains
365 X 1 with 12 chains
455 X 1 with 12 chains
545 X 1 with 14 chains PR (chains are 22lbs) give or take a full chain laying on the floor and the two chain hangers that are about 7lbs each.

Somewhere over 820 at the top of the pull! :) I'm stoked my grip was owning it!

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Nice Deadliftling... Powerhouse for sure. Legs looking jacked...

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Halo, do you do anything other than hang onto heavy shit to get that grip going. I still want to do the hook grip so I can protect my bicep. Wondering if you do anything different. I need to start doing plate pinches but I do hex DB holds. They seem to work, but one can always work his/her grip more.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Halo, do you do anything other than hang onto heavy shit to get that grip going. I still want to do the hook grip so I can protect my bicep. Wondering if you do anything different. I need to start doing plate pinches but I do hex DB holds. They seem to work, but one can always work his/her grip more.

I'm beginning to think that the only reason he can hang on to such heavy shit is stubbornness.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
That....and he is a chronic masturbator. His wife removed all the mirrors in the house. He walks around the house and catches a glimpse of his "silverback" gorilla physique and he can't but help to touch himself. LOL.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011

I really have to say that I started squeezing some of the plastic handled grip dealies while I was at work then I got some of the heavy 250's or so alluminum handled ones from Elite. Not 100% sure if they are what did it but I didn't have a fucking grip to speak of 9 months ago, I used straps on anything above 500lbs it's madness that I'm doing what I'm doing it makes no sense to me. I did some of that plate work but honestly for me it seemed to be hurting my grip. I wish I had a better answer for the freakish grip that I have I don't understand it.

I'm beginning to think that the only reason he can hang on to such heavy shit is stubbornness.

This could be a huge part of it as well as not being so smart LOL....

That....and he is a chronic masturbator. His wife removed all the mirrors in the house. He walks around the house and catches a glimpse of his "silverback" gorilla physique and he can't but help to touch himself. LOL.

Without a doubt masterbation has contributed :)

ahem Halo i think you missed an inbox with the vid ;)

In your box brother!

400Lb Gorilla

400Lb Gorilla

MuscleHead
Jul 27, 2011
lol waiting on my vids to upload so i can watch your vids! my internet is not a powerlifter so it cant really handle the load too well :(

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Just watched your vids loved em brother you're killing it!!! Keep that intensity up !!!

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
How long are you in the gym doing these workout a day?

Benny, the workouts are three times a week at about two hours per but I'm in a large group so it doesn't equate to the quantities I was doing last year.

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Last heavy squats before my meet

Heavy Squats

Bar X 5
Bar X 5
Bar X 5
150 X 3
240 X 3
330 X 3 Triple Ply Predator Briefs
440 X 2
530 X 2 Triple Ply Predators with Ginny Double Ply Canvas
620 X 1
710 X 1
800 X 1
840 X 1 New Straight weight Gym PR

* Feeling really good strong and no bizarre aches or pains leading into the final weeks of prep. Trying to get my weight up over 275 so I can compete at 308. I've been loosing weight the last several weeks really want to be there, we'll see how it goes.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 4 members watching this topic

, , ,