Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Gym regrets

G

GoPro

Mar 25, 2013
Not using a spotter...That one left a shiner!!!

C

Cheops

VIP Member
Oct 15, 2010
I regret it when I forget to take a crap before a back workout. I can barely reach around to wipe when my lats are pumped.

M

m314

May 17, 2013
I regret switching to a mixed grip for deadlifts so I could lift heavier. I should have used straps with a double overhand grip. I was at my peak strength about a year ago before I ruptured a biceps tendon. Two surgeries later, I'm still trying to catch up to where I used to be.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Believing the supplement hype was the worst. Thinking those sponsored by Universal on the Animal Pak forum got that big from Animal Test/Stak/M-Stak/B-Stak/ass-Stak... Being real naive, reading the magazines and sweating the small stuff. Not starting earlier and quitting for two years... Regret it all!

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I had stopped going to the gym for about 2 years at one point and really let myself go. I think about the progress I could have made in that time and it bugs me.

That said, not really a regret so much as I wish I would have known...as a skinny kid, I didn't need to let my body fat get so high when I started. JUst needed to eat smarter and do what I do now and monitor macros a little better. The advice I used to get was "Eat more!" Well, instead of getting stronger, I just got fatter.

Azog

Azog

Sep 9, 2012
Where do I start lol?
Drinking 6 whey shakes a day when I was young.
Drinking aggressively 5-7 nights a week when I was younger.
Training like an asshole (swing/thrust curls, 1/4 squats, 1/2 depth bench etc.)
Eating like a bird or poorly in general.
Not starting earlier/smoking myself retarded until I was 17.
Buying any supplement but protein.
I am sure there are many more, but these come to mind.

Some aren't gym specific, but really hurt my progress. Since I have learned to eat and lift accordingly to my goals, I have made huge progress since getting back to the gym after my surgery last September.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic