Latest Member
Buki1718
What's New?

Go to snack

T

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Seems like I'm always on some diet. Most of the time it's a holding pattern, seldom a bulk, and a good cut for the summer.

I'm not trying to get down to 8% so I'm for the most part, never hungry. Still I like to snack on some low cal. foods between meal. This maybe a regional item but 4 or 5 UNIQUE split pretzels hit the spot for me. Nice crunch and a lot of salt. No BP issues so save the salt comments.

A banana is also a nice low cal filling snack. (Insert FD comment here)

What's your go to snack between meals; bulk, cut or maintenance?

T

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Flavored rice cakes with pb & sugar free jelly.
I control my BF mostly with my fat intake. Both of these are out on a cut but when my BW is in a holding pattern, I love peanuts and almonds. Actually, a great bulk snack is milk and pistachios. Crack those bastards open until your fingers bleed!

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
If I'm home, I mix dry italian salad dressing (to taste) with a softened block of cream cheese and spread on cucumber slices. (crunchy, creamy, zesty).

For work, nitrite-free beef jerky is portable. So is hard salami and white cheddar cheese or baked cheese (homemade cheese chips),and black olives.

If I'm craving sweet it's a few bites of orange-flavored dark chocolate, berries, bing cherries, or half of a granny smith apple.

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

TID Board Of Directors
Mar 6, 2011
Cheese, chicken, almonds, all together. That's my go-to snack.

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
Has anyone tried Fit Freeze ice cream? https://fitera.com/info/how-to-make-it.php Supposedly has 15g protein, 7g fiber, low in sugar. Just heard of it and I'm wondering if anybody's tried it? (Wait, it has sunflower oil & maltodextrin in it, boo hiss.) Still, an interesting alternative to ice cream? Made with Stevia ++

Last edited:
woodswise

woodswise

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 29, 2012
It depends whether I am being strict or not. While being strict, for my snacks and depending on how I feel, I have been eating about a tablespoon of cream cheese, sometimes a few flavored rice crackers and occasionally an apple. Sometimes sugar free chocolate (they're getting good at making these with natural sugar substitutes). I also like to have some smoked salmon tips with cream cheese on thin toast if I am on a no-carb day.

When I am not being strict, I'll have a little PB&J on a cracker, a little chocolate, a little ice cream, a small handful of almonds or pecans, a small macaroon, etc.