Members
Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Getting to 10% bodyfat

G

Godsmack

Sep 18, 2010
From your experiences, how do you guys get that lean? I seem to always plateau around 12% and just stay there. I can maintain 12% no problem but any lower is bullshit.

You can only cut so many calories and do so much cardio before you realise the problem lies elsewhere.

Im going to try carb cycling and throwing in 2 sessions of Layne Norton style really high intensity cardio ontop of my regular treadmill cardio per week

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
How diligently are you tracking your calories. Are you literally tracking EVERYTHING that you eat? Even that handful of whatever you threw in to your mouth that you didn't think would matter.

What is your macro set up? Calories are king, but your macro set up will also have a significant impact for weight lifters and other athletes.

What it usually comes down to is how anal you are about tracking what goes in your mouth (In b4 sexual comments...)

1. What program are you using to track. If you aren't using one, you're not tracking accurately enough
2. What is your caloric intake?
3. What are your macros?
4. Are you tracking EVERYTHING!?

You can hit 10% without any cardio at all. I have done it, and have had clients do it as well (Younger clients that don't care about health and despise cardio like me)

Last edited:
C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
no diet for me...high intensity training like cf got me leaner.

HisAngriness

HisAngriness

Fancypants VIP
Mar 23, 2011
Football leans me out every season regardless of my diet but diet is of course the starting point. Fasted cardio also helps; and, like giantslayer said, drugs

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
How diligently are you tracking your calories. Are you literally tracking EVERYTHING that you eat? Even that handful of whatever you threw in to your mouth that you didn't think would matter.

What is your macro set up? Calories are king, but your macro set up will also have a significant impact for weight lifters and other athletes.

What it usually comes down to is how anal you are about tracking what goes in your mouth (In b4 sexual comments...)

1. What program are you using to track. If you aren't using one, you're not tracking accurately enough
2. What is your caloric intake?
3. What are your macros?
4. Are you tracking EVERYTHING!?

You can hit 10% without any cardio at all. I have done it, and have had clients do it as well (Younger clients that don't care about health and despise cardio like me)

Agree wholeheartedly.

H

jezjzzor085

jezjzzor085

Jan 4, 2014
( saw a YouTube vid 1 yr ago bout Johanna Thomas - 3% is almost a health risk )

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
( saw a YouTube vid 1 yr ago bout Johanna Thomas - 3% is almost a health risk )

3% is a health risk, but what does that have to do with this topic? At 3%, much of the body's hydration has been depleted, and the metabolic environment that has been created puts a ton of stress on the body. Kidney deficiency/failure is not out of the picture.

C

chem-rage

Jan 19, 2015
Diet for a long time. Then diet a little longer. Then take drugs.

I have a fast motabalism so this isn't much of a problem for me my bodyfaat fluchuates very easily and i would suggest you re-evaluate your diet. Im no pro at this. But if for me....if your diet is on point and you can maintain a steady 2-4iu of some decent hgh you should be able to train hardcore and keep your diet in check and get down to 8% BF pretty easy. But like someone said before....diet dieit then take drugs. I've never had this problem so my advice really isn't much help to you. but i agree with giant.

ChemRaGe

C

Conquer1985

Apr 5, 2015
Im conrrently on 20% and im trying to get to 6% i go to the gym 5 times a week. What should i eat? Should i keep taking protein shakes i weaight 210 6 feet tall?

jezjzzor085

jezjzzor085

Jan 4, 2014
Anyway it'd be an achievement when you make your mind up. No matter if you go 2 gym or not. Good start. Add some fresh fruits and nutricious food without chemistry.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic