Members
Latest Member
arcticranger

Getting sleepy mid workout

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
Yawning when lifting means you're not getting enough o2. It happens to me sometimes. What time do you train? You might need to lift at a time when your body is more awake.

TG, I usually don't train until about 7 or 8 in the evening.. unfortunately that's the only available time I have.. as I work 6-6 Monday through Saturday and my nearest gym is a 30 minute drive lol.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Good ideas already in this thread....

I like mixing a half scoop of pre workout in to my BCAAs to keep my up for the whole training session.... a good powerlifting workout can be 3-5 hours, not the normal 60 minute BB workout.

I've done really well cutting out carbs pre training, going for fats instead to keep me steady. Carbs come in again for my last few heavy sets and for my auxiliary work afterwards.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
Im a fan of grape powerade man! What about you?

I've been doing water, but it isn't enough because after my bench workout I'm dehydrated.

I think I'm gonna make the change to a 16 oz water bottle filled half way with water and the rest with gatorade.

I got this idea from Hoodlum, and POB.

I wanna try the BCAA drink too.

I wonder if they have samples at the supplement store.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
I've been doing water, but it isn't enough because after my bench workout I'm dehydrated.

I think I'm gonna make the change to a 16 oz water bottle filled half way with water and the rest with gatorade.

I got this idea from Hoodlum, and POB.

I wanna try the BCAA drink too.

I wonder if they have samples at the supplement store.

The half water half Gatorade sounds like a good idea man. I usually drink close to half a gallons or more of water during workouts and try to have half a Gatorade intra most of the times. You should definitely give that and some bcaas a shot turbo. Personally the simple carbs help me more on a level that I can feel

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
I rock Dymatize Elite recoup and fitness fiber (optimum nutrition) during my WO....and I call them crack sticks, but I use Vicks nasal inhalers for days I'm dead.

This is me being fully aware of my root causes of fatigue: poor sleep schedule, high stress-home, work, varied meal times and hydration. But as everyone has these I throw on some slipknot and do my best to get after it!

Just keep going.....

N.O.V.

N.O.V.

MuscleHead
Jan 24, 2014
I rock Dymatize Elite recoup and fitness fiber (optimum nutrition) during my WO....and I call them crack sticks, but I use Vicks nasal inhalers for days I'm dead.

This is me being fully aware of my root causes of fatigue: poor sleep schedule, high stress-home, work, varied meal times and hydration. But as everyone has these I throw on some slipknot and do my best to get after it!

Just keep going.....

I used to use vick's inhalers all the time.. maybe I should give that a shot. And obviously, slipknot always does the trick!

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
Vicks inhalers?

Why that over nose tork or an ammonia cap?

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
I can't believe I didn't mention this!! I do this for intra workout too. I can honestly feel the difference when doing this. It's like you got your second wind, not like you're trying to over power your fatigue. Good to go! Good mention bI

This. And BCAA's an hour or so before hitting it. An abomb helps too, LOL

TenaciousA

TenaciousA

TID Lady Member
Mar 31, 2013
PLK-Vicks are über available, the only reason.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Lol ! I go to the med supply store for my ammonia caps. I went in and there was a young guy behind the counter. I asked for a box and he came out with a 6 pack. I said " can I get one more box please". He cautiously looks at me and says " ma'am do you pass out a lot ?"

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic