Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Getting my chest cracked open !

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I've had several surgeries in my time and the one thing I hoped would never happen is. I have to have a triple bypass in about 10 days. Everything about this surgery sucks bigtime. Probably wake up with a tube down my throat. Severe dry mouth for the first 24 hrs. About 2-3 months recovery time to heal my chest bone so I can't do shit with my arms except hold a pillow to my chest in case I cough. I guess I'll feel alot better as I have been so exhausted for so long now. Thing that really sucks is my hdl/ldl levels have been off for at least 10 yrs now and for at least that long I had been asking my Doc to put me on a statin and for some reason he just kept blowing it off. Plus the sleep apnea I,ve had the last 10 yrs that I tried to treat but every place I went always tried to put me on a regular cpap and not 1 place ever mentioned using a bipap because they didn't have them. Anyone else had heart surgery?

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
One of our members had triple bypass, was out about 2 months. Great shape going in, took him about 2 months to get back to where he was. Feels great now. He's on and has been on HRT that certainly helped with recovery. He was worried that he would lose everything, he didn't. He's in his late 50's.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
My dad had it in 2012 at 68. He came through fine recovered 100% was back to exercising after a month. Nothing major He jogs and cycles outdoors. It may seem bad ....I was scared as shit for him but they have advanced so far even in 2012..imagine the technology in 2022. Take care and keep us updated.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Good luck bro, should be a piece of cake, wait, cake bad, don't eat cake.
Recovery shouldn't be that bad as you are in great shape.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Good luck to you. There's been a number of these surgeries in my family but not me (knock on wood).

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
My father had triple bypass when he was 78yo. While no world record, 78 is above the average bypass patient. These surgeries are usually discussed with the patient from a risk - reward standpoint as to the patient's age and his current condition. My father did a daily walking regimen that many senior citizens have begun in recent decades, had no other known health problems ... he was advised that the surgery was a no-brainer in his case. He was good as new and back to the walking program within months post-op.

He died at 85 from Pulmonary Fibrosis, a completely unrelated disease that has a long list of possible causes. Given the times in which he had lived, my familiarity with his life suggests asbestos exposure had been his cause. The disease is a long term sneaky quiet killer ... it would have been present, undetected, before and during his bypass surgery ... and he sailed through that operation and post-op period with flying colors at 78yo.

More appreciative of the fragility of Life, I began walking with him every chance I had, and he was robust for years. One December I noticed a gradual decline begin, we stopped walking a few months later, and he died in August, at about 85yrs, 7-8 months.

YOU, searay, are nowhere near 78yo, you presumably have no underlying Pulmonary Fibrosis, and your bodybuilding lifestyle will serve you well as you too sail through this surgery.

That same bodybuilding mindset will drive you crazy during the few months of downtime, but it beats the hell out of 6-feet-down-in-the-ground-time.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Make sure you lose the doctor who got you here lol. My dad did 5 arteries and lived 20 more years while still smoking.
Get it over with, get your ass back in gear in 2mos and take better care of yourself here on out!!

C

Cabo Jo

Thick n Wide VIP
Jun 26, 2011
Get well soon brother

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
You will do great bro. I know a couple people who have gone through it and all turned out really well. You have a leg up over them too being in shape. Easy peasy.

Good luck with it!

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
Wish you the best! You’ll be back to 100 in no time

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
Best of luck to you, bro!! You'll be back on your feet and better than ever in no time.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Thanks so much for the support ladies and gentleman. It is truly appreciated. Your all a great group of online friends.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic