Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

Getting back to it

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
So After two years of injuries, personal shit and going back to the gym for no longer than a week at a time I think it’s about time I got back into the lifestyle. I’ve missed it an awful lot, yet because I’m still a relatively young guy at the age of 25 unlike you old bastards on here I have let my injuries cow me into forsaking the weights due to the fear of hurting myself badly and having to live with it for the rest of my life. I guess the purpose of this post is to seek advice on how to prevent my injuries from getting worse maybe even manage them whilst be able to train at an intensity I am happy with. I’d also like to add I did purchase an inversion table but had to sell it until I have had my anti reflux surgery for my hiatal hernia next month

My injuries are as follows

L4/L5 - “Normal alignment of the lumbar vertebrae appearances of the lower cord and conus.
There is no significant degenerative lumbar disc disease
There are no pars defects. There are no para vertebral masses
There are no additional findings on scout views.
Axial images have been obtained through the lower three lumbar intervertebral disc spaces.
At the L4-l5 level there is a mild discal bulge which just touches the transiting l5 nerve roots within the lateral recesses.
There are mild joint effusions within the l3-4 and L4-5 facet joints and some mild degeneration within the l5/s1 facet joints.
No acute parts stress response. Normal appearance of the sacroiliac joints.

No significant disc dehydration

I get sciatica etc with this.

C5/C6

Straightening of the normal cervical lordosis

At C5/C6 there are tiny mariginal osteophytes, some disc dehydration with a disc bulge.

The remaining disc spaces show minor, non significant degenerative changes.

Normal width of the spinal canal. No significant foraminal stenosis and normal signal in the cervical cord.

Conclusion:

Straightening of the cervical lordosis. Minor, non significant, degenerative changes. No obvious nerve root compression.

I no longer get symptoms from this

I intend to return to the gym Thursday and for the mean time train for my “appearance” it’s been that long I don’t even know where to start.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
The big key for me with my back problems was squatting and pulling actually strengthened the erectors within my back.

From a medical perspective, that is not what I'm suggesting.

Ease into it, monitor your sides, track them down in writing and find the commonalities of any struggles that you're having. Overall, train smart bro.

B

BG~1

Aug 6, 2016
The big key for me with my back problems was squatting and pulling actually strengthened the erectors within my back.

From a medical perspective, that is not what I'm suggesting.

Ease into it, monitor your sides, track them down in writing and find the commonalities of any struggles that you're having. Overall, train smart bro.
I agree 100%. For years I had back issues until it got so bad for days I would miss work. Someone told me to start deading, I laughed and said no way. He said one plate for reps with stretching every day, then once I felt strong enough, light squats. I tried it and 10 years later I pull/squat some nice numbers with no back pain. But I have to always do them, if I stop it comes back. Also Im not afraid to take Aleeve when tightness accrues. This might not be for everyone because somebodies issues are diferent then other, but I would try starting real light with ed stretching.

htu

htu

Jan 15, 2012
Do what you can do...something is better than nothing.

Lenny89

Lenny89

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2011
good to see your back training!! what do you think of the mighty celts!

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
Good to get a diagnosis and know that you can back to training again, that's gotta be a good feeling. All the best with everything, take it easy for a while and train smart.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic