Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Gas Prices!!!

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
Well luckily I live where I work so I just go to the gym and make sure what ever I need like food I get we I go to the gym and a tank a gas does me a week

M

macjohn64

Sep 25, 2010
3.70 so far

i need to fill up where you are. lol 3.83 where i am but i drive a hour to work everyday so i go through a town where it is usualy .5 to .10 cent cheaper so i fill up there.

Dangling Unit

Dangling Unit

MuscleHead
Jan 2, 2011
Where do you think we would all be without a free market? Let them make more money. Our lives are so much better off, as a whole, because of free market. If I have to pay more for gas, oh well. Driving a 13-mpg SUV isn't mandatory.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Went down to San Diego a couple weekends ago to party. Shoulda drank Natty Ice to save money for the fuckin gas! lol... look at this bullshit...

10qf8tl.jpg

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
Where do you think we would all be without a free market? Let them make more money. Our lives are so much better off, as a whole, because of free market. If I have to pay more for gas, oh well. Driving a 13-mpg SUV isn't mandatory.

I agree with you DU. The politics are so transparent, however. The feds want to control all aspects of our lives...health care, housing, social programs...you name it. BUT, when it makes them more powerful or achieves their goals to stay out, they do. THAT is what makes me sick.

You get 13mpg? Mine only gets 9. What a wimp! LMAO!!

-CC-

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
LOL...oil prices are controlled by commodity trading. You invest in oil futures, you push the price up. Oil companies make the most profit when oil is around $78/ barrel.....anyways....derailing the thread, sorry Hanni.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
didnt they have record earnings this year? greed! rob the poor and give to the rich!

No disrespect, but state and federal taxes per gallon of gasoline is substantially greater than the oil company's profit per gallon. That means gov't taxes play a much larger role in the cost of a gallong of gas than the evil oil company's profits.

And, BTW, the oil company explores for the energy, extracts the energy, transports the energy, refines the energy locally, and transports it again to the pump. They invest hundreds of billions to make that happen. The gov't doesn't do shit, but just taxes it to skim off the top. And unlike a sales tax which is readily visible, it's hidden so nobody knows....

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
No disrespect, but state and federal taxes per gallon of gasoline is substantially greater than the oil company's profit per gallon. That means gov't taxes play a much larger role in the cost of a gallong of gas than the evil oil company's profits.

And, BTW, the oil company explores for the energy, extracts the energy, transports the energy, refines the energy locally, and transports it again to the pump. They invest hundreds of billions to make that happen. The gov't doesn't do shit, but just taxes it to skim off the top. And unlike a sales tax which is readily visible, it's hidden so nobody knows....

no disrespect but what does any of that have to do with record profits for the oil companies? so the government is getting theirs, because the oil companies are charging more per barrel, the government makes more on the taxes, so it still comes down to the oil companies!

and yeah for the oil companies to do what they do, they are still making record profits, they have to invest their money somewhere to make them look better. just think if they didnt invest that money in that stuff, then their profits would be even higher!

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010

In CA they have to post at the pump how much the state is taxing per gallon....last time I actually looked at it it was around $0.19 per gallon. And you wonder how the fuck can this state possibly be broke? It's politics and the state sector that are broken.

And oil prices WOULD go down over the long run if we continued to drill our oil here in the U.S.. What happened with BP was tragic, but you think there's never been a mishap drilling for oil overseas? It's a dangerous business with big rewards. Those companies know exactly what they are getting into. Putting electric cars on the road is not going to solve the problem...it's just going to piss me off when I'm walking across the street and they almost run me over cuz I can't even hear the damn thing!

slicwilly2000

slicwilly2000

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2010
I am not happy with the gas prices. Thus, the new avi.

BUT...

I refuse to be forced into driving a f'in battery powered car or a tin can with wheels. Politicians fly around like royalty and drive black SUV's and Crown vics.

But even still many in the USA would rather sit at home and watch the Royals get married or watch Oprah....I guess because we treat our "royalty" the same way and long for a King that will throw us loaves of bread from the castle window.

Freedom that lasts can not be given to you. It must be earned and maintained. But it is easily taken away little by little.

Moral of the story, be a politician. I'm sure I'm not the only one tired of getting fucked up the ass. BTW, $4.15 here.

Slic.

barbellbeast

barbellbeast

MuscleHead
Oct 4, 2010
It's frustrating because the people causing the price hikes are miles away and untouchable.

I'm walking across the street and they almost run me over cuz I can't even hear the damn thing!

Meh, I've gotten hit by a van/bus and went on my way to work with my wrist a little swollen for a couple hours. Just make sure you're a big guy like this forum would suggest ;)

Driving a 13-mpg SUV isn't mandatory.

That's your opinion. In January it is mandatory here.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic