Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Gallon of milk/day

fixxer

fixxer

MuscleHead
Dec 15, 2010
Saw this on a different board- Anyone else ever do this? I did it for a while and def put on some mass. Helped me get up close to 300lbs. Held a little bit more water, had a little bit more fat.

1 gal of milk = 2400 calories and 128 gs protein for ~$3

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
My guts hurt just reading this, more power to em, maybe if I eat 10 boxes of slim jims it will be as effective?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I think it's excellent for an ectomorph that struggles to gain weight. I tried this for a month a few years ago. Got strong as hell.... And fat.

Spikykite

Spikykite

Feb 14, 2011
milk can add some easy calories..
If you're stomach can take it

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
All it is is extra cals, protein/carb/fat, as with any method used to provide such it will work but as we age our ability to digest lactose is lessened so for some not a fun idea. It's not the best approach imo but it's easy and for most people that's all they care about.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Can all that lactose cause any issues with diabetes if you did this for a while?

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Milk is awesome, good way to get extra calories and protein. I wouldn't drink a gallon a day, to excessive. Drinking 3 to 4 cups a day would still put weight on, it just would be more lean.

Gstacker

Gstacker

MuscleHead
Aug 19, 2011
It's not just extra calories and protien but the fat and cholesterol is a good test booster.... Excellent bulk for a natural young hard gainer.
What most kids should try before poking themselfs with needles imo

bybon

bybon

VIP Member
Sep 15, 2011
Did it for a year or two. Gained quit a bit of fat..a little too much. Still gained muscle and helped me get over 200lbs, though.

NutNut

NutNut

MuscleHead
Jul 25, 2011
Can all that lactose cause any issues with diabetes if you did this for a while?

It should be fine, though milk products cause acute insulin spikes (it's not just the lactose its the BCAAs), I've found no studies to show long term impact on insulin sensitivity especially using whole milk. Conflicting evidence exists, probably because of the difference between whole milk and skim. Trans-palmitoleic acid (lots in whole dairy) was shown to help prevent diabetes here: The Cardiovascular Health Study: design and ra... [Ann Epidemiol. 1991] - PubMed - NCBI yet European Journal of Clinical Nutrition - High intakes of milk, but not meat, increase s-insulin and insulin resistance in 8-year-old boys using skim milk showed a dramatic increase in insulin resistance. IMO full fat dairy is fine in moderation, i'd rather it not make up the bulk of a diet but I don't think it will hurt.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic