SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

FTC slams DirecTV for price deception

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
Good.

I been using Directv for probably a decade.
Its expensive. Paying almost $170 a month.
They want me to sign a new contract if I want new equipment.
I think I rather just switch to something cheaper.
It goes out when it rains.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Mine almost never goes out, but the price keeps going up and they renew everything if you don't cancel it. I paid for Sunday ticket last year even though I worked on Sunday. My wife has to call and renegotiate every year to keep it reasonable.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I cut the cord, I just have internet now and basic local stations. If there is something I want to watch, I'll just pay the stream price if I have to. But it's still cheaper than the 150 a month I was paying before. Now i'm around $50 a month.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Good.

I been using Directv for probably a decade.
Its expensive. Paying almost $170 a month.
They want me to sign a new contract if I want new equipment.
I think I rather just switch to something cheaper.
It goes out when it rains.

Ever considered Dish? I switched over to Dish last year, paying about 70$ a month for 4 tvs and 2 dvr boxes now. I made sure I asked every question about billing and pricing, told them all my complaints about DirecTV and if they did any shady shit like them, I would be gone. Glad to say I ain't had one issue since I switched. #FukkDirecTV

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Dish is not the answer. Do the words Blockbuster video mean anything to you? The company probably will not survive the year. Of course I've Been saying that for awhile now. Plus no football.

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Dish is not the answer. Do the words Blockbuster video mean anything to you? The company probably will not survive the year. Of course I've Been saying that for awhile now. Plus no football.

Nope, I can bet you will see alot of DirecTV customers leaving them after they learn the fukkin they are getting. Plus, there are other ways you can watch all the football games not televised in your area, Internet is awesome. Or do like me and go to a sports bar or restaurant that shows them. Dish ain't going nowhere.

T

texastea

May 1, 2013
Because of Sunday Ticket, I'm pretty much a captive customer. Sunday Ticket costs about the same as U used to spend weekly at the sports bar. Directv is expensive, but it costs what they said it would cost when I signed up (gradual increases notwithstanding).

rumbletumble

rumbletumble

Feb 25, 2012
I've had both Directv & Dish & I personally prefer Dish, customer service with Dish is outstanding. rt...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic