Latest Member
SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Floyd Mayweather surrenders to begin three-month jail sentence

GOODFELLAS

GOODFELLAS

MuscleHead
May 24, 2012
LAS VEGAS (AP) -- Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s request that he be released from jail because the low-quality food and water have threatened his health was denied by a Las Vegas judge who says he should eat and drink what is being given to him behind bars.

Justice of the Peace Melissa Saragosa wrote in her late Wednesday decision that water has been made available to Mayweather around the clock and the only reason he isn't eating properly is because he refuses to eat the provided meals. Saragosa said Mayweather's complaints that he is unable to exercise in jail are also unfounded.

"While the physical training areas and times provided to (Mayweather) may not be consistent with his prior regimen, he is indeed provided sufficient space and time for physical activity if he so chooses," Saragosa wrote.

A mere 10 days after Mayweather turned himself in to begin his three-month sentence, his legal team filed an emergency motion Monday asking the court to put him under house arrest or move him into the general jail population -- something that jail officials had avoided to protect the celebrity fighter. The motion claimed the undefeated champion might never fight again because he was getting out of shape in solitary confinement.

si.com

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
I read that earlier GF, he's been held in solitary confinement since he arrived and its starting to get to him. Hopefully it sends the message the judge mean't it to. I think Mayweather has 2 or 3 good fights left in him, he has slowed down on his punch output over the last 2 years and was hit more than I had ever seen him get hit against Coto.

GOODFELLAS

GOODFELLAS

MuscleHead
May 24, 2012
i hear ya maybe one of these times athletes will figure out they are not above the law.

GOODFELLAS

GOODFELLAS

MuscleHead
May 24, 2012
After the two-time titleholder Hernandez died in June at the age of 45 following a three-year battle with cancer, Mayweather paid for the funeral later that month without fanfare.

"I told him that 'anything I can do to help you while you're in that situation, you know, let me know," said Mayweather. "I said 'I don't care what it is.' And then, you know, a few months later, he passes away. So you know, you think about certain things like that."

mugzy

mugzy

TID Board Of Directors
Aug 11, 2010
By the way Floyd was released yesterday from jail.

YAMAHA147

YAMAHA147

MuscleHead
Feb 23, 2012
Thats what happens when u fuck up and go to jail. You arent going to be provided 8 meals a day and ur own fitness center available 24/7. Its jail dude. If you dont like it keep ur hands off people or take it to the ring.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
I can't understand some of these pro athletes.alot of these guys get away with a lot of shit.the average guy like myself would do jail time not these pussy sentences that they get given.floyd is Floyd.even when he boxing career is over he will find himself again in trouble with the law.

GOODFELLAS

GOODFELLAS

MuscleHead
May 24, 2012
well mike tyson has straightened out his life maybe their is hope for Floyd.

F

Fury

MuscleHead
Jun 6, 2012
Yea that's right gf but he did do proper jail time.he knows if he fucks up again he will get a harder sentence.that was his wake up call.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic