Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter
What's New?

first time band deads...

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011

first time deads with bands, kinda taught, but are you supposed to actually support the weight with the bands?

Last edited by a moderator:
PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Bands from above is one way to do it. I think they needed to be tighter though. As soon as you came off the ground they were loose... Idea being lighter at bottom heavier at top... Maybe since you hooked me up with that slingshot I will get you some mini bands from EliteFTS. A lot of fun.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
You don't have those bands tight enough. You want to set them higher up on the rack so they actually give you some help off the floor (they need to be tighter). The idea is the weight is lighter off the floor and as you rise the band helps less making you work harder.

You can also use a pair of mini's like POB said and those would be set up with you standing on them and so it would become more difficult as you pull the weight.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
Bands from above is one way to do it. I think they needed to be tighter though. As soon as you came off the ground they were loose... Idea being lighter at bottom heavier at top... Maybe since you hooked me up with that slingshot I will get you some mini bands from EliteFTS. A lot of fun.

thanks pob for the offer!! means alot but its cool, i could try to wrap the bands better on the bottom, there may also be a spare laying around bro.

oldschool1967

oldschool1967

VIP Member
Aug 6, 2011
You don't have those bands tight enough. You want to set them higher up on the rack so they actually give you some help off the floor (they need to be tighter). The idea is the weight is lighter off the floor and as you rise the band helps less making you work harder.

You can also use a pair of mini's like POB said and those would be set up with you standing on them and so it would become more difficult as you pull the weight.

thanks brotherIron! really appreciate your advice bro!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic