Members
Latest Member
Nickobat
What's New?

First competition in just over a month

J

jamiem

May 18, 2012
also what about food drink sups on the day?

will be a sat morning from 10 till about 5ish so alot longer than i normally train for

MightyMouse719

MightyMouse719

National Champion & VIP Member
Jul 8, 2011
I try to eat as much as I can for breakfast, though nerves usually make it difficult to eat much the morning of a comp. Try to be sensible and have a good breakfast, though, don't have two boxes of Pop Tarts and call it good. I take a gallon of water to the comp, with 2-3 bottles Powerade, fruit, snickers bars, a protein shake, almonds, pb n j sandwich, to snack on throughout the day. Generally will toss a couple of beers in the cooler for post contest, but that is a personal preference, and not necessarily sound advice.

J

jamiem

May 18, 2012
well tonight i tried the arm over arm. very hard going. i had the prowler sled loaded up with 130kg then 170kg. 130kg i did twice over 20m the 170kg i did once over 10m just to see how it felt. hard going on the cardio but managed it, also had a play with the yoke with 190kg again hard going but easily do-able. middle back sore from sats heavy deadlift day.

in the event the yoke will be 250kg. so a good bit still to go before i can do that ok.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Yoke is all about core and foot timing. It is one of my favorite events. I ran a 264 kg yoke yesterday .

J

jamiem

May 18, 2012
my elbow joints are sore today from the prowler pull yesterday.

events list is as follows, so any tips tricks or anything especially on the endurance and cardio front please feel free to speak up.

1. 80kg log press for reps
2. arm over arm van pull - 20m
3. deadlift frame with 200kg in hands for reps.
4. 250kg yoke 15m - 250kg chain drag 15m
5. Loading - 120kg keg, 120kg sack, 95kg block & 100kg keg all on platforms in any order
6. frame carry - 230kg
7. Stones - 100kg > 140kg

90 sec time limit on all events.

1. pressing im good at. so log i can do and will prob be my strongest event
2. depends on the weight they put in the van/if they put hand brake on.
3. did frame with 390kg but dont know how much was in hand.
4. yoke ill have to take time with but should get it, chain drag ive done before but could do with doing it again.
5. loading for me the hard bit is getting the items broken off the ground. 95kg block i had up from ground to neck just couldnt press.
6. frame carry done before grip might suffer.
7. stones i can only get upto 110kg 125kg i cant get off the ground.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic