Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

First 600 lb deadlift 205 BW

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
OK BI and others, I REALLY planned on taking your advice, but I kind of got excited today. :)

It was totally unplanned. With the mett next week I was planning on a light workout. (I did not plan on going above my opener). Plus I have been doing most of my lifting with straps for the past few months and wanted to feel some heavy weight in my bare hands prior to the meet.

I have been struggling as you guys know,with selecting my weights for the 3 lifts. My original goal for the meet was to just pull 600 for my third attempt. (something I have never done) My fear was that I would be leaving too much on the table on my final lift.

As I went on today, I decided to just get the goal of breaking 600 out of the way. Once broken, I dont feel the pressure anymore. I can then shoot for a higher PB and if I miss it, I wont be missing my original goal of breaking 600.

This is awesome,...and I felt great. The weight was smooth and not once did I feel a breakdown in form that will come with maximal attempts. Sure it was "heavy" but I now know I can pull more.
The bad is, those heavy attempts still take a lot out of me....and now I have just over a week to recover for the meet. I will take all of next week off the gym completely and just do some active recovery workouts and stretching.

Here is the lift. I will warn you that I got a little excited when I lifted it and cursed some....It is funny, that is not like me to make a bunch of noise lifting, but something just comes over me, and excitement that builds inside and growling just comes out of me. ;)

We will see what I can pull next week! No more ceiling to worry about breaking!

Yea....I am a hard head! But this stuff is just too fun sometimes :D

Thanks for all the help guys!

a52a24b0-c7a2-401f-a599-f2162a305e4d_zpscb1771d7.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Damn brother, my back went out just watching. LOL

Nice job man.

HDH

JOMO

JOMO

Jul 5, 2012
Hell..YES! Good job. Looked like a smooth pull.

So this will be your second attempt now? Now what do you have planned for your third?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I friggin told ya.... That's awesome stuff. When is this contest?

J-dub

J-dub

MuscleHead
Feb 16, 2013
Very nice... but we all knew you had that shit!

Halo

Halo

VIP Member
Jul 5, 2011
Awesome pull brother! You're going to smash that at the meet.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Thanks guys! Meet is next sat. (so I have just over 8 days of rest).

I did notice I slightly pulled one of my lats on that lift. It was not sore at the time, but now 3 hours later almost feels like DOMS. I am just taking it real easy till the meet.

Might just stretch, pullups maybe some super light movements to aid blood flow.

Not sure what to do now with lift order. I feel pretty good I could have pulled more. I was just hitting that area where your muscles start to buck a little. I have always been a slow lifter. (I load the bar up slow and peel it off the ground). I tried to modify my form, and I just cant "explode" with confidence. My mind just wants to lift is slow and steady. (I do not know if that is good or bad....but I know I wont break form that way)

I think I will go:

then maybe 615? I dont know?

Scares me a little how sore I am after the 6 pull today. I wonder if I would have another heavy pull in me after I pull it?.... I am new to going down to singles, so this is all uncharted territory for me.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I think I will go:

then maybe 615? I dont know?

Scares me a little how sore I am after the 6 pull today. I wonder if I would have another heavy pull in me after I pull it?.... I am new to going down to singles, so this is all uncharted territory for me.

I think you're being overly conservative with that 565. Its not a full power meet. All you have to do is pull 4 times. That first pull should be 585 or maybe even 600.

Determined

Determined

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2012
I think you're being overly conservative with that 565. Its not a full power meet. All you have to do is pull 4 times. That first pull should be 585 or maybe even 600.

Be confident! IMO I agree on starting 585... Don't mess with ammonia your first pull... Then go for 600... Sniff ammonia... And I say go all out for 615-630... Depending on how you feel... With chalk...a deadlift bar...ammonia.. And adrenaline I think you got 615+ for sure... Only constructive criticism I have for you is work on your speed. Great job man, your gonna enjoy your meet!

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I'd say 575, 600, 625lbs for the attempts.

I'm glad you nailed the lift. Now just rest, lol.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic