jacobss
What's New?

Female unable to lose lower body fat

Meathead.

Meathead.

VIP Member
Apr 1, 2011
Hey advanced females - question?

im helping a female who has an upper body ready for stage (literally ripped) but her lower body is full of cellulite fat stores it's terrible

I've had her run a cycle of :

anavar 10mg ( we went to 20mg briefly) for 8 weeks
t3 25mcg (we went to 50mcg briefly) for 8 weeks
clen tapered from 20mcg- 80mcg

carb cycling etc she lost 18lbs on scale but literally her lower body has not made much improvement

thoughts on other courses of action ?

Kimm4

Kimm4

TID Lady Member
Feb 5, 2016
It's so hard for women because that's the area we hold more fat and it's always the last place to go. Longer dieting is needed to lean out the lower half and most women don't give themselves enough prep time to make it happen.

Fat loss is a slow process and when it comes to the lower body it moves at a snail's pace.

All you can do is have her stay tight on her diet and see where it takes her.

Good luck to her!

mjbanks

mjbanks

Nov 4, 2015
cardio works the heart, muscle burns fat

* Seriously, bro? crew *

Jenner

Friends Remembered
Jan 9, 2012
Yea, that's a tough one and definitely genetic. I don't know about getting rid of "terrible " cellulite. If she can't tighten the skin, it's not going to go away..

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
An old Dan Duchaine trick was to use an estrogen agonist.

also maybe yohimbine.

Last edited:
sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
It's hard to give too much advice not knowing the details - have you been taking skinfold measures on a regular basis? The value of this would be to have some measure of trends in each part of the body.

Some things I'd ask just to put this in perspective:

- is this her first time competing? Often for a first show you're trying to modify a body composition that has had a lifetime to settle into the shape it is currently supporting - 1 competition prep cycle sometimes is just not enough to fully modify a person's body given their particular bodyfat storage tendencies.

- how long has she been training?

- what sort of / how much cardio? If steady state, throw in some HIIT / sprint cardio.

Options I'd look at are:

- more cardio or varied cardio

- bodywt stuff - lunges, walking lunges, etc.

- diet: consider keto? I dunno how much time you have to work with as to how viable this is.

- as monsoon mentions: not uncommon to throw some nolvadex in the mix. Typical dosing is 10mg (1/2 tab or dose) in the AM, half in the PM, for up to 8 weeks.

As mentioned in the first responses on this thread - women have to deal w/ estrogen-pattern bodyfat storage. You see this particularly at natural shows where it is harder for the girls to dump fat while preserving muscle - you can readily see the ability to get completely peeled on the upper body, and still be chubby on the bottom. Sometimes you can't control it in 1 prep cycle if the tendency is to hold a lot of bodyfat in bottom half.

One of the "tricks" that can help is to do sauna suit cardio (you know, those plastic suits you can get for about $12 at Sports Authority or even at Target in the sport section) & do cardio. This is my personal go-to for when I gotta get the bodyfat going. Definitely use it for steady state & not sprint cardio - I used to do it for my AM cardio walking on a treadmill. The challenge is not to drip sweat all over everything. (There's a whole art that involves putting large ziplog baggies on your feet, over socks, under shoes, tuck the sauna suit pants into the baggies to keep from soakign everytihng w/ sweat. Alternately, spend time in a sauna suit (not while you're wearing a sauna suit tho!!!!) All of this helps dump some water weight but also has boosted my fat loss, again personally speaking.

How many weeks before target stage date? Also what category are we talking about?

Meathead.

Meathead.

VIP Member
Apr 1, 2011
Thank so for the response !!
Yes we ran nolva as well for 20-40mg for 4 weeks now but still lower body remains at a stand still... I know im
prepping her right and it takes a long time but wanted feedback as I don't know everything

I began her at 40/40/20 and she did very well then not carb cycling ...

i keep telling Her she's come a long way and it takes more than 4 months to get stage ready I feel bad, her lower body is unlike anything I've ever seen,

so so just keep plugging away I guess :)

i prep dozens clients every year no issues but this one has me confused LOL

Kimm4

Kimm4

TID Lady Member
Feb 5, 2016
Thank so for the response !!
Yes we ran nolva as well for 20-40mg for 4 weeks now but still lower body remains at a stand still... I know im
prepping her right and it takes a long time but wanted feedback as I don't know everything

I began her at 40/40/20 and she did very well then not carb cycling ...

i keep telling Her she's come a long way and it takes more than 4 months to get stage ready I feel bad, her lower body is unlike anything I've ever seen,

so so just keep plugging away I guess :)

i prep dozens clients every year no issues but this one has me confused LOL

If anything don't feel bad. You know how to prep client's and for many women it just takes more time. It took me a good 3 season's to balance things out and get my legs where I needed them to be.

It's a constant work in progress and she'll get there! :)

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Estrogen can be a bitch sometimes. I can think of a few competitors I know who have battled w/ leaning out their legs, but they have beautiful muscle underneath compared to some people who lean out easily and have sticks to show for it. It doesn't always happen fast. I've been battling my hips & ass since my first competition 16 years ago.

Are you doing regular progress photos to get an objective comparison of progress? I realize prep can sometimes really be a mind****, but it is so critical for any competitor to keep things in perspective in that it's a lifetime, not just one contest prep. She's probably got some really nice muscle under that and it just needs to take a little more to reveal it.

Meathead.

Meathead.

VIP Member
Apr 1, 2011
Great feedback thank you

yes pics every two weeks ... Going to switch everything up 100% and continue on!

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Great feedback thank you

yes pics every two weeks ... Going to switch everything up 100% and continue on!

During one of my preps I did a one-item diet change - i.e. very controlled changes - on a given day, and progress pic & new skinfold measure every 3 days to really track progress and response to the diet change. It might be considered overkill, but I sort of liked it because I was getting regular measures at the same skinfold points to see where I was tending to hold water or losing fat / gaining muscle in a detailed manner. I found it useful to get a sense of where things were slow to change or fast to respond. You didn't mention if the "progress" is affecting your client - but I found these types of things at small regular intervals kept the focus on the day to day and not fixating on whether or not I was going to hit my goals on show day - i.e. this can sometimes be a mind**** where you can psych yourself out of your own progress before you even get there.

Anyway, just a thought. :) A huge part of the process is just frame of mind.

myosin

myosin

VIP Member
May 27, 2011
Yohimbine... yohimbine... did I mention yohimbine? Generally, women have a disproportion of a2 receptors in the legs/thighs/buttocks than b2 receptors.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic