SDUBUBLACK
What's New?

Fellow Pool Owners?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
And be careful with chemicals from Leslie's, they are much lower concentrations than what you buy at a "real" pool store, that's why the prices are so much lower.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
What kind of system are you running? Salt? Chlorine? Do you have a variable speed motor?
I love my pool and I get a lot of use out of it, but it can be a pain in the ass and a money hole sometimes.
Mac, I’m not arguing with you about the VS. much like freon single speed motors are being eliminated by attrition. You can no longer buy them new and contractors won’t install them.

lol, it's just a little kids pool that my wife ordered from Walmart. I'd have to ask her though. We have no set-up, just some added chlorine tabs in a floaty thing to help a little bit. Then we have to empty it....about once a week or so.

midevil

midevil

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 20, 2011
Congrats!

No swimsuits allowed after dark! lol

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Okay since I don’t have a pool anymore, I’m making a list and coming over to everyone’s house!

fasttwitch

fasttwitch

VIP Member
Mar 17, 2011
Are any current members owners of a pool? Hubs and i just bought a house and it has an inground pool. This will be our first time for maintaining a pool. Any helpful tips and tricks?
Yea i know, $$ too.
I think its chlorine, but we would look to convert it to salt. Not heated.

We converted ours to salt. It's been easier overall. The pool was heated, but the pool heater died and I live in south Florida anyhow. So I haven't had a new one quoted.

If it's screened in life will be easier, too.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic