Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Joannafit
What's New?

Federal Legalization of Pot? Good idea...Bad idea?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Decriminalization isn't condoning illicit use of hard drugs, it's merely taking away the measures that further complicate and ruin the addict's life.

And yes, you don't need to be a barber to see a bad haircut and call it bad, but nobody is arguing that people's lives are better when they're on drugs. We are debating and stating our opinions on the nuances that we know about because we've either been there, or have lived and seen enough to know that jailing drug addicts only further condemns them to be non-productive members of society.

Put them all in a rehab center where they have to teach Mexicans how to speak English and we can start killing two giant birds with one withdrawing stone.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Ask 100 non pot smokers why they don't smoke weed and I guarantee you not one of them will say "because it's illegal". Thus proving the point that laws prevent nothing, people will do what they want to do, it simply makes them go around the law. Regardless of the crime, laws really don't prevent much, they just provide a penalty for those who get caught.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I don't need to use hard drugs myself to know that I don't exactly envy the lives of the small % of people who do use them. Darwinism at work.

I also know that it's just not a good idea for an institution or government to officially condone such behavior, even if in reality they can't do much or anything to actually stop it.

Hard drug use, possession, distribution, etc being technically illegal can in itself be a good tool for law enforcement to use as a way to get to criminals doing other far worse things. Much like many years of tax evasion enabled the feds to put away a guy like Capone who had done many far worse things.

It's not about envying the lives you stuck up snob.

JoeFriday

JoeFriday

MuscleHead
Mar 21, 2014
Make it legal, tax it well enough, give it a place on the NYSE. Just look at Colorado, so much tax money taken in that rumor says they just might have to give some of it back.

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
I just want to be able smoke a j wherever I want to without being paranoid of getting busted, that is all!

R

Ruger72

Sep 4, 2014
Laws create black markets to satisfy a demand that will exist regardless of law. Look at AAS. Same as prohibition, people will find a way. Thank God for the Chinese huh?

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Make it legal and make it safer for all. When you have laws against things that people are doing anyway (world's oldest profession as an example) will breed criminal networks that will exploit, hurt and kill others to make a dollar. If you make this stuff legal, taxes, regulation and safety. Will more people do drugs?? maybe so but so many jobs drug test and they have they right to tell people that work for them that they cannot do drugs or they will lose their jobs.. SO.... tons of folks will not be partaking.

It's all about control. No different than AAS, you should be able to smoke a joint if you want. Don't get high and drive makes sense.. how many people die from DUI accidents every year?

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
I live by the code....as long as you dont hurt others then do whatever the **** you want. With that said, i believe the war on drugs is a huge failure and we need to go back to the drawing board on this one

lastly i might add, i believe the govt profits from the drug war. Those in power wanna keep the prices up and monopoly on the goods

Last edited:
BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Make it legal and make it safer for all. When you have laws against things that people are doing anyway (world's oldest profession as an example) will breed criminal networks that will exploit, hurt and kill others to make a dollar. If you make this stuff legal, taxes, regulation and safety. Will more people do drugs?? maybe so but so many jobs drug test and they have they right to tell people that work for them that they cannot do drugs or they will lose their jobs.. SO.... tons of folks will not be partaking.

It's all about control. No different than AAS, you should be able to smoke a joint if you want. Don't get high and drive makes sense.. how many people die from DUI accidents every year?

The better question is how many die each year from cigarettes but I don't see the govt making it illegal anytime soon. Big business runs our govt and they dictate law.

Truth is legalizing drugs would not make more people take part in using them.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Laws create black markets to satisfy a demand that will exist regardless of law. Look at AAS. Same as prohibition, people will find a way. Thank God for the Chinese huh?
Excellent post.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010

Damn straight! Those communists understand how free markets work. Unlike capitalists who shun individual differences and make everyone fit into the same mold for the so called common good as defined by the government.

Oh wait.......

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic