jacobss
What's New?

FatLoss Cycle:TRT/Var/Sema/DNP

Raynmela

Raynmela

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2012
Hey guys,

Last minute cut to finish off my leaning out/cut diet. Hovered around 205lbs @17% BF at the start in November. Now at 196 14% this weekend, primarily from IF (16:8) 5x days a week w/ weekend breaks, cardio x5-6 days and mod/heavy weights x2-3 days per week. Pretty good clean eating during the week with some splurging during weekends.

Anywho, started a top off cycle this weekend with Anavar 10mg (5mg split into 2 doses per day), DNP 200mg/day until mid/late may (6-8 weeks). This is on top of Semaglutide .25mg with possible ramp up to .5mg max for the remainder of the summer until Sept./Oct. and TRT Test Cyp. @ 100mg/week.

Main focus is on muscle preservation while trying to burn fat into the 10-12% range this last 8-12 weeks before summer vacation. Nothing will change in terms of diet and workouts, maybe more focus on reps and hiit training and see how I adjust from there. Sema has was started on Friday @ 0.25mg and I swear I can already feel like I can fast 1-2 days straight, hopefully my HBA1C will trend lower throughout (5.7 last I checked) as this was the driving factor for wanting to try it. Wish me luck and will post updates every so often here.

pS: have a left over bottle of Tren/Mast/Tprop combo, may decide and add a low dose for the last 4-5 weeks, maybe.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Preserve muscle while also fasting. That goes against the principles of preserving muscle.

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
Preserve muscle while also fasting. That goes against the principles of preserving muscle.
Your forgetting principle number 1 - Anavar. Lol. No seriously doesn’t more anabolics help preserve muscle while cutting/ fasting? As long as she is getting in enough protein in her feeding window should be fine, right? I’m assuming female because of the AAS doses. Although a tren/mast/test combo was mentioned but doesn’t surprise me for a female.

Yeah, that Semaglutide works! The appetite suppression comes and goes. Everyone’s different. I just hated being backed up all the time. Would be backed up bad, stomach pains and have no appetite the first half of week then I would start going bathroom again and get hungry again. Tried splitting dosage twice a week. That helped with the stomach pains and made me less backed up but less appetite suppression. Think I liked it better that way. Wife likes it once a week though. Definitely helps you eat less. Most people. Just don’t splurge when it’s not helping your appetite or you’ll get nowhere. Stick to the diet. Don’t let the Sema determine the diet. Think that’s where people mess up. Think they do not have to have a planned diet while taking it. You definitely should.

Looks like a solid plan. The diet is the most important though. How much protein are you eating to maintain muscle? What are your macros? Keep us posted. Should start a log.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
Hey guys,

Last minute cut to finish off my leaning out/cut diet. Hovered around 205lbs @17% BF at the start in November. Now at 196 14% this weekend, primarily from IF (16:8) 5x days a week w/ weekend breaks, cardio x5-6 days and mod/heavy weights x2-3 days per week. Pretty good clean eating during the week with some splurging during weekends.

Anywho, started a top off cycle this weekend with Anavar 10mg (5mg split into 2 doses per day), DNP 200mg/day until mid/late may (6-8 weeks). This is on top of Semaglutide .25mg with possible ramp up to .5mg max for the remainder of the summer until Sept./Oct. and TRT Test Cyp. @ 100mg/week.

Main focus is on muscle preservation while trying to burn fat into the 10-12% range this last 8-12 weeks before summer vacation. Nothing will change in terms of diet and workouts, maybe more focus on reps and hiit training and see how I adjust from there. Sema has was started on Friday @ 0.25mg and I swear I can already feel like I can fast 1-2 days straight, hopefully my HBA1C will trend lower throughout (5.7 last I checked) as this was the driving factor for wanting to try it. Wish me luck and will post updates every so often here.

pS: have a left over bottle of Tren/Mast/Tprop combo, may decide and add a low dose for the last 4-5 weeks, maybe.
My non medical opinion, consider Retatrutide instead of Sema and forgo the DNP.

Raynmela

Raynmela

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2012
Well, preserve as much muscle as I can whilst trying to keep the fat burning window as long as I can. Probably overkill, but now being older while borderline type 2 DM, burning fat for the last few years has been more of an uphill battle. When younger, I would miss a meal here and there and my abs would just come out of nowhere

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
For +4 months of dieting, you should have dropped a few more percentages of fat than ~3%.....adjust diet first to get in a better and more consistent deficit would be my advice.

What does your typical day/diet look like each day?

Raynmela

Raynmela

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2012
Your forgetting principle number 1 - Anavar. Lol. No seriously doesn’t more anabolics help preserve muscle while cutting/ fasting? As long as she is getting in enough protein in her feeding window should be fine, right? I’m assuming female because of the AAS doses. Although a tren/mast/test combo was mentioned but doesn’t surprise me for a female.

Yeah, that Semaglutide works! The appetite suppression comes and goes. Everyone’s different. I just hated being backed up all the time. Would be backed up bad, stomach pains and have no appetite the first half of week then I would start going bathroom again and get hungry again. Tried splitting dosage twice a week. That helped with the stomach pains and made me less backed up but less appetite suppression. Think I liked it better that way. Wife likes it once a week though. Definitely helps you eat less. Most people. Just don’t splurge when it’s not helping your appetite or you’ll get nowhere. Stick to the diet. Don’t let the Sema determine the diet. Think that’s where people mess up. Think they do not have to have a planned diet while taking it. You definitely should.

Looks like a solid plan. The diet is the most important though. How much protein are you eating to maintain muscle? What are your macros? Keep us posted. Should start a log.
Male lol, dosages are low as I have found doing lower dosed cycles the older I get, the less sides while still the benefits.

The Sema is primarily for the A1C and a little help with the Insulin sensitivity, the added appetite suppression is a plus so is the help with accompanied weight/fat loss. The primary drivers for I am focusing on is diet (250-280 grams of protein throughout the day while focusing on whole foods, lots of greens, beans, some oats and sorry to say Brown rice ( I love rice, especially after working out). Pretty much will probably my last time going for a BF of 10% or lower, not as fun or focused as I was when I was younger. Otherwise my usual workouts revolve around BJJ, weights and some yoga (being stiff is no fun), but for now going back to weights and cardio for this goal. Thanks for the response.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
For +4 months of dieting, you should have dropped a few more percentages of fat than ~3%.....adjust diet first to get in a better and more consistent deficit would be my advice.

That is what I was thinking. This is a month of cutting for my clients.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015

Not even close to enough to preserve muscle at those doses with fasting. Plus, you still need aminos circulating or you will suffer catabolism. Even then, you will still likely lose some muscle without glycogen stores being high. You can generally tell those guys who get on stage and look all stringy and over dieted exactly how they cut during prep.

Last edited:
Raynmela

Raynmela

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2012

Mon-Friday 5am Cardio (steady state or hiit). This was started back in Nov. with the goal in mind to drop BF etc.
I work M-F from 7am-4:30pm. Sometimes stay late till 9pm if we are busy.
Coffee or green tea with a ton of water throughout until 12pm. Lunch consists of whatever I brought from home, chicken, beef or fish as main protein with veggies and/or rice. More tea/coffee in the afternoon. Then Gym 2-3 days per week when I get out at 4:30pm. Dinner is whatever but I keep it clean during the week, I stop eating at 8pm, I usually also throw in a protein isolate just before I begin fasting. Weekends I need to decompress and relax so I eat whatever starting friday evening till sunday night. I also work overnights every 3rd or 4th weekend (2nd prn job. 11p-6a). Those following Monday mornings suck because I go straight to work from work. TBH, I enjoy a cigar or 2 on most weekends, especially a small cigar before work the following monday morning with black coffee.

Overall, the weightloss is ok with me I gauged more the physical changes like losing my gut/love handles while maintaining my strength and stamina for work and daily family life. Bills and 2 kids in college I feel this is the best I can do without going crazy or losing my focus and giving up.

ps: I also supplement with Protein Isolate 2-3 times per day 7 days per week to reach my protein goals.

Last edited:
MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
You are probably eating too much on the weekends thus negating what you worked hard for during the weekdays. I would try to work on that first, and if possible, track calories at least once for a weekday to see exactly what you are eating. Diet is breaking you from your goals my friend;)

Raynmela

Raynmela

VIP Member
Jan 13, 2012
You are probably eating too much on the weekends thus negating what you worked hard for during the weekdays. I would try to work on that first, and if possible, track calories at least once for a weekday to see exactly what you are eating. Diet is breaking you from your goals my friend;)
Hate to admit it but you are right, if Im gonna add the Var and DNP I might as well make a go for it. Thanks.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic