Latest Member
Joannafit

Fastest 495LB deadlift

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
That was wild!

So that's optimum form? Just wondering because I'm a student.

U

uncxrt

MuscleHead
Sep 7, 2015
That was wild!

So that's optimum form? Just wondering because I'm a student.

His form is ok, but it's not necessarily what I would suggest. His head facing downward and how he kinda just 'grips and rips' isn't typical on what is taught, but it works for him. He's a mid 700lb deadlifter at 198lbs, but there's always things everyone can clean up form wise. For every lifter, it's about finding what is best for him/her.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
That was just retarded fast...

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
What about attempting to go that fast for the average person? Don't you risk tearing a bi?

DieYoungStrong

DieYoungStrong

VIP Member
May 27, 2013
That looked pretty slow to me...

U

uncxrt

MuscleHead
Sep 7, 2015
What about attempting to go that fast for the average person? Don't you risk tearing a bi?

Ya definitely. That's why the grip and rip method is not optimal, because then you have a tendency to jerk the bar. That can increase the chance of injury, as well ascausing the bar path to get out of whack. You want to try and be explosive, but just make sure your technique is on point to minimize chance of injury.

Bullmuscle7

Bullmuscle7

MuscleHead
Jun 11, 2014
Ya definitely. That's why the grip and rip method is not optimal, because then you have a tendency to jerk the bar. That can increase the chance of injury, as well ascausing the bar path to get out of whack. You want to try and be explosive, but just make sure your technique is on point to minimize chance of injury.

That's what I thought.

I'm learning speed is critical because otherwise if you are too slow you use up all your power and the lift hitches. But It must be precise also. So...fine line.

Excellent thread by the way...

E

EastCoast1

Jul 20, 2015
He is VERY explosive, but his technique is damn good. It might not be "text book" but he has honed this form in over YEARS. He is good at getting tight in a split second. When he does that little jerk before he sets up for the pull he tightens the shit out of his lats.

I have literally watched him pull 405 so fast, and drive his hips so hard it comes up near face level..lol

One of the most exciting lifters to watch, especially deadlift.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I cant pull 135 that fast. Dude is a freak!

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
God damn that is fukn impressive as hell! Very motivating seeing that first thing this morning

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic