Latest Member
severedthumbz
What's New?

Family let's dying 5 yr old decide.

enjoy_tren

enjoy_tren

VIP Member
Jan 7, 2014
Damn i dont know what i would do. Id talk to my child and then probably make the decision as a family. One thing for sure, either decision would be tough to bear

J

Joanne

Oct 10, 2015
Just heartbreaking. . Keep this little girl in your prayers. .);

Rockshawn

Rockshawn

MuscleHead
Sep 24, 2013
No, she may not fully understand death, but she certainly understands pain and suffering. Seems to me that even the doctors believe the next trip to the hospital would be the last anyways. Who are we, or even her parents, to say "I'm sorry, but you have to endure this even longer" knowing it is not getting any better and most likely never will. Tough situation, and one I would never wish on anyone, but to me, she has a faith and hope in heaven and she does understand that. Thank God he heals us, one way or another. He heals us and teaches others around us valuable lessons about life and faith. Even if that lesson comes from a 5 year old little girl who would rather be healed by God than suffer in the hospital.

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
i wish they told her the truth and said "Would you rather go to the hospital or cease to exist?"
someone who will never have the opportunity to have a child of his own flesh and blood would say something like this... I highly doubt that if it was your child lying there dying you would be so crass with there fragile emotions... I find it releaving that your blood line will die off with you!

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
i wish they told her the truth and said "Would you rather go to the hospital or cease to exist?"

Whilst I am an atheist and do not personally believe children should be subject to religious indoctrination (only my personal views people)......... I can't believe that you would suggest that you tell a child they can have a life full of suffering or never be here again. In instances like this what we believe and how strongly we believe them are irrelevant, what is important is that we as human beings show compassion and give a little girl..... their child comfort. Whilst you may say she deserves to know what you BELIEVE to be the truth.... she's a child and is nowhere near ready to understand, process and accept that the consequence of her choice is to never be here again. Life already dealt her a shitty deal

I hold very strong views on religion( not religious people), but would I abandon them so that I could give my loved ones comfort by supporting their beliefs, help them leave this world in peace? you're fuking right I would.

Last edited:
1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
Very difficult decision but one you have to make as a parent. Of course the child's wishes must be considered. But as a parent you cannot wriggle out of the ultimate responsibility by letting the child have the responsibility to decide it for herself. At five years of age a responsible parent would not let her decide her own snacks and bedtime, let alone something as important and permanent as this.

DLTH

DLTH

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2011
Whilst I am an atheist and do not personally believe children should be subject to religious indoctrination (only my personal views people)......... I can't believe that you would suggest that you tell a child they can have a life full of suffering or never be here again. In instances like this what we believe and how strongly we believe them are irrelevant, what is important is that we as human beings show compassion and give a little girl..... their child comfort. Whilst you may say she deserves to know what you BELIEVE to be the truth.... she's a child and is nowhere near ready to understand, process and accept that the consequence of her choice is to never be here again. Life already dealt her a shitty deal

I hold very strong views on religion( not religious people), but would I abandon them so that I could give my loved ones comfort by supporting their beliefs, help them leave this world in peace? your fuking right I would.

i really doubt HGH would say that, he was making a sarcastic joke geared toward his religious beliefs. Apparently I'm the only one that got it and wasnt offended.

Reactions: HGH
1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
i really doubt HGH would say that, he was making a sarcastic joke geared toward his religious beliefs. Apparently I'm the only one that got it and wasnt offended.

I am agnostic and so I am not sure that HGH even exists, lol. Once I decide whether or not he is real, then I will decided whether or not I should or should not be offended, lol.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
She may only be 5, but I guarantee she has lived through things many of us will never see. Kids like her are much smarter than their age.....

Very difficult decision but one you have to make as a parent. Of course the child's wishes must be considered. But as a parent you cannot wriggle out of the ultimate responsibility by letting the child have the responsibility to decide it for herself. At five years of age a responsible parent would not let her decide her own snacks and bedtime, let alone something as important and permanent as this.

1bigun11

1bigun11

MuscleHead
Oct 23, 2010
She may only be 5, but I guarantee she has lived through things many of us will never see. Kids like her are much smarter than their age.....

Of course she's smart. She's smart enough to parrot back to her parents exactly the answers they want to hear. No one is disputing that she's smart. The issue is whether her parents can abdicate their responsibility and give it to her because after all, she is a smart little five year old.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic