Latest Member
jacobss
What's New?

fall of forums/rise in social media

Thrawn

Thrawn

MuscleHead
Jun 12, 2023
This makes me think about the stuff on my IG feed. There are a lot of stuff that shows up in my feed in regards to exercise...and now a lot of is 'sponsored', people of all ages trying to flex for a camera. Makes me wonder if they are there to just sell stuff behind DMs. Honestly, I just find it easier to stay off social media or take it with a grain of salt and just focus on myself.

Not even specific to training, but anything in general, social media is superficial. I have young relatives that use it to seek validation. It's not even about the whole, 'there is no emphasis on hardwork, eating etc etc.' You can almost not learn anymore from forms of social media, more precisely the shorts or image content. I know of a lot of younger relatives that struggle with weight, that take pics in the mirror at gym and in bathroom and I will ask them why they do it, when they only go once a week and complain about how they are gaining weight. 'I have image issues you know that, makes me feel better about myself'. Yea I know that's a family problem, but like it goes on with everything else, take pics on vacation, the high points, no emphasis on a sustainable dynamic to make their confidence and self esteem stay high on a daily basis. I know I sound like an old man but it's something I'm noticing more and more as I get older.
I despise social media as we know it today.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
This country reminds me of the last scene from The Stand, and you know what comes next.

BD Cool

BD Cool

VIP Member
Dec 1, 2011
These guys have no problems showing their face. They don't even care that I may be LE. I still rock the military flat top haircut that a lot of cops do and they sill reach out.
Wow... That is incredibly stupid. Many of the old forum sources didn't think LE cared about them either until the DEA came knocking on their door.

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
This post right here... "oh hey I just decided to inject 25mg and it hurt. Guess I can try glute next time." No one questions why he's doing it or anything else.. levels, etc. That forum is a great read. It's like a health version of the Babylon Bee.

Reading that just makes my head shake in disgust. Idiot has no business taking anything and neither do most that responded.

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
If they are, do you notice a greater emphasis on training, accompanied by reduced phone use?
interesting question. Keep in mind I work out at xsport which promotes $9 monthly dues. This low cost and the fact the gym is located 1mi away from one of two high schools in my town of 60K really encourages the youngest customers and what I've observed is a lot of posing, posturing and socializing. These young types aren't the ones who are using PEDs. The biggest increase in PED use imho is from the guy's in their 40's and 50's. These guys are putting in work. The youngsters.....not so much.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic