Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Experiences with Inflammation/Pain and THC, CBD, CBN, etc.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
I have episodes where my back and knees flare up. I've done *a little* experimentation with the above at bedtime, as you read so much about the supposedly miraculous benefits for pain and inflammation that the above substances provide.

I have not noticed any reduction in inflammation or pain using these things. On the contrary, I've noticed that inflammation and pain seems to be a little worse the following day. Naprosyn seems to be far more effective for me.

Has anyone else tried this stuff for pain and inflammation and noticed that it has aggravated things for you?

VIP Member
Nov 3, 2012
It definitely works better for my anxiety but if I'm less anxious I'm in less pain.

C

clarindak

Nov 22, 2023
I've had a similar experience with CBD and THC products when it comes to pain and inflammation. It's a bit disappointing when you hear about the potential benefits, but they don't seem to work for everyone.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
I've had both hips replaced, lower back surgery, shoulder surgery, and will probably have the other side done soon. I've also had issues with trigger finger w/ major pain in my hands. Issues with my hands were solved with cortisone inj., and curcumin. I also take 'Total Body's' collagen powder which really helps, add in GH, TB500, BPC157 and that's the winning combo for me.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
I've had both hips replaced, lower back surgery, shoulder surgery, and will probably have the other side done soon. I've also had issues with trigger finger w/ major pain in my hands. Issues with my hands were solved with cortisone inj., and curcumin. I also take 'Total Body's' collagen powder which really helps, add in GH, TB500, BPC157 and that's the winning combo for me.
GH and BPC-157 for the win. I have not had to add TB-500 yet, but if I need it, I will. I always found when I hear about people saying they didn't get any healing properties from GH, they were running too low of a dose. They were running 1.5-2 iu a day, which I think is good for everyday aches and pains, but if you have an injury, I always found quick healing properties of GH at 5+ iu a day.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
I never had any pain relief from any cannabis related products. my best approach is by eliminating inflammatory foods and nsaids. the NSAIDs I use onl a couple times a week of they start to lose effect. The longer between uses the better they work. My best combo is 400 mg ibuprofen and naproren 200 mg.

S

Stclineman

VIP Member
Nov 8, 2022
I can’t use THC because of my job and never noticed much effects from CBD plus it’s expensive as hell…. I use Ibuprofen but only at times I absolutely need to

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Glad that worked for you. I have OA in both knees, both shoulders and the low back, I have literally done kits of GH, BPC 157 and TB500 and get very little relief. It lasts a few hours. I get more out of taking ibuprofen, tylenol and celebrex on alternating days. I also did all the injections inter-articular. I dropped the collagen because after 3 years of taking it, x-rays recently showed everything has progressively gotten worse. So this stuff and the glucosamine did nothing to slow down the progression. Cortisone injections have also had very little effect and now the hyaluronic acid injections have quit working very well. Just not willing to have to end weight training and having everything replaced. Absolutely ZERO benefits form any THC products. I am considering doing IGF-1 injections in the joint.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Glad that worked for you. I have OA in both knees, both shoulders and the low back, I have literally done kits of GH, BPC 157 and TB500 and get very little relief. It lasts a few hours. I get more out of taking ibuprofen, tylenol and celebrex on alternating days. I also did all the injections inter-articular. I dropped the collagen because after 3 years of taking it, x-rays recently showed everything has progressively gotten worse. So this stuff and the glucosamine did nothing to slow down the progression. Cortisone injections have also had very little effect and now the hyaluronic acid injections have quit working very well. Just not willing to have to end weight training and having everything replaced. Absolutely ZERO benefits form any THC products. I am considering doing IGF-1 injections in the joint.
Have you adjusted your training?

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Have you adjusted your training?
Oh, much lighter that I use to train that is for sure, and there are many things I can no longer do. I do sets of 15 reps now, 5 sets two exercises per body part and limit my range of motion on just about everything I do. No more front DB raises and I have to be very careful of the form on laterals. Squats and deadlifts are done forever so its down to the leg press with a limited ROM. Lots of chest movements my shoulders pop and feel like they are going go out of joint. I have bone on bone on both shoulders and bone on bone on the medial side of the left knee, plus no disks between the L4 and L5.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Oh, much lighter that I use to train that is for sure, and there are many things I can no longer do. I do sets of 15 reps now, 5 sets two exercises per body part and limit my range of motion on just about everything I do. No more front DB raises and I have to be very careful of the form on laterals. Squats and deadlifts are done forever so its down to the leg press with a limited ROM. Lots of chest movements my shoulders pop and feel like they are going go out of joint. I have bone on bone on both shoulders and bone on bone on the medial side of the left knee, plus no disks between the L4 and L5.
Age is a sour bitch. I am similar maybe not quite as far as you yet. I can't really load my spine much. I squat but never over my bodyweight on the bar. Deads are just about out. sucks when you use to load 4-5 plates a side for many reps and now at 1/2 or 1/3 or less. But you make the weight work for you. Keep as much muscle as possible and tone in them. We have two types of joint stability. 1) dynamic, which comes from the muscle and tendons; 2) static which is the ligaments and joints. Our static is shot so all we have left is the dynamic. I don't know about you but stretching helps me immensely.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Age is a sour bitch. I am similar maybe not quite as far as you yet. I can't really load my spine much. I squat but never over my bodyweight on the bar. Deads are just about out. sucks when you use to load 4-5 plates a side for many reps and now at 1/2 or 1/3 or less. But you make the weight work for you. Keep as much muscle as possible and tone in them. We have two types of joint stability. 1) dynamic, which comes from the muscle and tendons; 2) static which is the ligaments and joints. Our static is shot so all we have left is the dynamic. I don't know about you but stretching helps me immensely.
I agree with you. I have gone from 290 and setting world records to 245 and doing weights that I use to warm up with. Kind of kick in the balls. I was still lifting a bit of weight until I went in and got x-rays at my ortho. Then came the bad news. Its just progressively gotten worse over the past 5 years. Plus, I am missing the supraspinatus and infraspinatus on the right shoulder. So I can't even get this surgically replaced unless I want to completely give up lifting. I do some light stretching for the low back but I have limited ROM on the right shoulder. Pain sucks but sitting at home doing nothing sucks more.

This was my spine 10 years ago, it is worse now and my doctor doesn't know how I endure the pain.

spine 2.JPG

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic