Members
Latest Member
arcticranger
What's New?

Exp Date on UGL Gear????

GarnetandGold

GarnetandGold

Aug 15, 2011
I have bottles that I just got and expire 3/12 and wondering how long after that are they still good? I usually stock up on good Sponsors and Sales.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
you have plenty oftime. keep them in a good place and pin away.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
usualy about 5 years after it is made , then it starts to degrade at a good rate. You can use 7 year old test but the potency will be down.
Not bro science but somthin i've studied lately. I'll post on this later .

kept out of sun light of course.

D

deadweight

MuscleHead
Sep 20, 2010
usa standards are high..most of everything will exp in 3 years ..Everywhere eles most meds exp in 5 years....Shine is right ...i would go 7 years untill i ditch it...Long as it stays clear and its stored right then no worries...Hell a few months isnt no big deal at all...use that shit with a good heart and a clear mind...dw

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
Yea re-reading from the book for you real quick,
most AAS are potent for about 5yrs in oil
most AAS start to oxidize in oil
active ingredient is AI. it is what ever the drug is in the formulation the FDA is measuring for shelf life. during drug trials the FDA asks the drug co. to measure how long it takes for the active ingredient to become 90% of max potency. (max being when the formulation was first manufactured) so if you have 100mg/ml AAS and it degrades (oxidizes) to 90mg/ml the FDA considers it to old to be used. but i say screw it, its still good. just remember that degradation is usually logarithmic (is happens at a constantly increasing rate).
degradation is coming from free radicals which already exist in the oil or are actived by heat or light or oxygen. It's likely those free radicals react with the oil molecules and not the AS molecules.

HDH

HDH

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I do the same thing... stock up when it's time and plan cycles as I go along.

A couple of my vials are out of date now but they have been stored properly the whole time. No worries for me.

Good post SHINE.

HDH

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
what about orals? i actually have some Winny caps from pre-ORD. just found them in my deployment bag. I dont plan on using these, but what are your thoughts on orals and expirations?

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
I've used gear that was expired by 8 years and it worked great, maybe a little less potent but just bump up the dosing a little, you will know a few weeks in as to where you are at with it.

Ogre the orals if stored sealed should also be good for years, I most certainly would run them

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I've used gear that was expired by 8 years and it worked great, maybe a little less potent but just bump up the dosing a little, you will know a few weeks in as to where you are at with it.

Ogre the orals if stored sealed should also be good for years, I most certainly would run them

yea if the orals have the mositure gel pac in the bottle sealed I'll agree to that.

Tested at 5 years most oils of the pharmo companies showed 90% at least of there original potency, you can use em but like you said you will have to up the volume a bit that you normaly use.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
what about orals? i actually have some Winny caps from pre-ORD. just found them in my deployment bag. I dont plan on using these, but what are your thoughts on orals and expirations?

sealed and out of light, moisture like LittleGuy said they should be good.

Ogre717

Ogre717

TID Official Lab Rat
Jul 22, 2011
Well damn, glad i havnt thrown them out yet. I got a shit ton of them. Thanks.

Mad-Bull

Mad-Bull

Jun 10, 2011
Yea re-reading from the book for you real quick,
most AAS are potent for about 5yrs in oil
most AAS start to oxidize in oil
active ingredient is AI. it is what ever the drug is in the formulation the FDA is measuring for shelf life. during drug trials the FDA asks the drug co. to measure how long it takes for the active ingredient to become 90% of max potency. (max being when the formulation was first manufactured) so if you have 100mg/ml AAS and it degrades (oxidizes) to 90mg/ml the FDA considers it to old to be used. but i say screw it, its still good. just remember that degradation is usually logarithmic (is happens at a constantly increasing rate).
degradation is coming from free radicals which already exist in the oil or are actived by heat or light or oxygen. It's likely those free radicals react with the oil molecules and not the AS molecules.

I was always curious how they calculated that thanks for posting bro. Posts like this make me want to go back to school and get a chem major.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic