Members
Latest Member
BluueWater_Hunter

Equipped Vs Raw.....

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Thats exactly it, meets like the xpc coalition are the future of the sport..... Just heard that Dan Dague of Lexen got the xpc in to the arnold for 2013. Multi-ply coming back to the Arnold for the 1st time since the WPO is a huge step forward.....

I agree...and why not put the best of the best on one platform?

J

jute

Dec 22, 2010
This ^^^^

Don't go around bragging about your 600 lb dead lift or 500 pound bench if you had on a shirt and straps. I can personally add well over 100 pounds to my deads with straps. (at least i could when i did them) Not sure about bench but from the serious lifters I know its not uncommon to add 100 pounds or more to ones best bench with a bench shirt. So its not really you doing the lifting, its the equipment.

Nothing farther from the truth... Regardless if your wearing gear.. To handle over 600lbs on the bench isnt easy, or to squat 1000lbs.. that weight is still on your shoulders

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
We haven't heard from all the PLers on this forum.

J

jute

Dec 22, 2010
Thats exactly it, meets like the xpc coalition are the future of the sport..... Just heard that Dan Dague of Lexen got the xpc in to the arnold for 2013. Multi-ply coming back to the Arnold for the 1st time since the WPO is a huge step forward.....

I think you will need to qualify to lift at the arnold??

J

jute

Dec 22, 2010
My team will be at the Lexen xtreme again this year

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I wish they had one of these super meets down by me b/c I'd def check it out.

F

Flathead

Jul 20, 2011
Nothing farther from the truth... Regardless if your wearing gear.. To handle over 600lbs on the bench isnt easy, or to squat 1000lbs.. that weight is still on your shoulders

I concur, the load on one's CNS is the same raw or equipped.

mass_chaos

mass_chaos

Feb 5, 2012
I am yet to compete in a REAL powerlifting meet. I have competed in small, local, bench press competitions and they were raw. I am a IRON fan. whether it is RAW, 1 ply, multiply, natural or tested, I love it all. Raw or equipped, you still have to train hard, eat, rest and move some HEAVY ASS weight!!!

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
I am yet to compete in a REAL powerlifting meet. I have competed in small, local, bench press competitions and they were raw. I am a IRON fan. whether it is RAW, 1 ply, multiply, natural or tested, I love it all. Raw or equipped, you still have to train hard, eat, rest and move some HEAVY ASS weight!!!

Very true. I think that is what gets so clouded. Ego and politics get in the way of what is really important. Just lift and who gives a shit about the little stuff. Like you said above, "train hard, eat, rest and move heavy weight". If you like raw, go raw...if you want to lift in, do it.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
My team will be at the Lexen xtreme again this year

So will my team.... I missed it last year and regretted it. All of my teammates had a lot of fun. Can't wait to get on that platform!

Mass Chaos: You hit the nail on the head, man. It's all about putting up big ass weight. How you do it doesn't matter.

J

jute

Dec 22, 2010
So will my team.... I missed it last year and regretted it. All of my teammates had a lot of fun. Can't wait to get on that platform!

Mass Chaos: You hit the nail on the head, man. It's all about putting up big ass weight. How you do it doesn't matter.

Sounds like a plan.. Look for me. Ill be the one on the platform... LOL

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic